this is the official announcement for our Primecoin mining pool www.beeeeer.org
As of writing this, ypool is not the only Primecoin pool any longer.
- 1% fee atm (this will possibly change to something between 1-3%)
- 3200 confirmations per block
- no registration needed, username is your primecoin-payout-address
- miner software based on mikaelh's client
- beta testing phase (something WILL go wrong, but we'll work on every little bug/problem ASAP)
- 'getwork' protocol with longpolling support
- you enter payout queue when you reach 3 XPMs (this will probably change)
- all shares (6-chains and above) are equally valued (this will probably change)
- high end visual stunning plain-text web interface
- [MINER] config file support
- [MINER] less verbose
- [MINER] reconnect bug
- [POOL] better web interface
- [POOL] stats ... lots of stats!!
- [POOL] different share values based on chain-length
- [POOL] proportional payout (e.g. 24h PPLNS, DGM, etc.) INFO
- [POOL] link to the miner (when everything is ready/stable)
- [M&P] 'gbt' protocol
- [M&P] 'xpt' protocol
Client / Miner:
windows binary: primeminer v0.1 *beta*
(contains 32 and 64 bit version)
primeminer -pooluser=[xpm-payout-address] -poolpassword=0 -poolip=beeeeer.org -poolport=9912 -genproclimit=[threads-to-use]
linux: make -f makefile.unix primeminer
mingw: make -f makefile.unix primeminer.exe
(mac&solaris, pls edit makefile on your own, I dont have a suitable test environment)
jhPrimeminer should work too, BUT mumus version has a bug in the 'getwork'-protocol (refering v7.x, see attachment for source code fix)
jhPrimeminer tells you, that the shares were rejected by the pool. That's wrong. Just check your personal stats on the web interface and you will see the correct details for the current round/block.
Any known issues?
Unfortunately, when the pool restarts or the client's connection is not stable, there's a chance that the client will not re-connect properly (this seems to happen more often with the windows version, than with the linux version), we're working on the problem. When this happens, you will get a lot of share-rejects, because your miner is working on some old data. Restart your miner is the only known solution right now.
Everybody loves beer, that's why. (Ok, almost everybody)
Has the server crashed again?
If the status page isn't available: yup - something really bad happened. We're still in beta/testing phase, don't panic, everything will be ok.
- xolokram, glhf
ps. yes, i shamelessly copied parts of the ypool announcement
pps. props to mikaelh, sunnyking & fuzzybear for their work
ppps. did i miss something?