• Crypto Sex Toys - PPC Adult Mega Store - 1000's of products, Same Day Dispatch, Fleshlights!
  • Advertise here for 1 PPC per day
  • Escrow for your PPC (PeerCoin) Trades. Fuzzy Escrow Service 1% fee
  • Limited Edition - Physical Primecoins and Peercoins! - Each is 1 Troy Ounce of .999 Fine Silver - Available with other merchandise only at FiniteByDesign.com

Author Topic: What do you think about Ypool?  (Read 4549 times)

Offline MUTO

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think about Ypool?
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2013, 11:23:46 am »
You cannot mine with hp8 at ypool. They wrote their own miner!

Offline mhps

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2013, 01:54:55 pm »
I am just trying to see if there is an empirical correlation between 5-chains/h using hp8 and XPM/day using the ypool miner with the same machine.
PPC PU6zS8RRBWP2UxhuRFengGsu8n4tEYB5xV XPM AJAgBpPjGQoL38mrtW91dVqhbMHqu25vfG

Offline MUTO

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2013, 08:27:29 am »
One thought about the ypool mining software.

If I understood the conecept correctly, you accept chains below the current difficulty as shares. If a chain, which meets the current difficulty is found by one of the miners, the pool found a block.

How do you protect the pool of the following scenario:

One creates a fork of the orignal sources, that does the following: If the miner finds a chain with lower difficulty it submits a share to the pool. If it in fact finds a proper chain for a block it marks it as solo mined. I'm not a programmer but I assume it whould not be a big hack to implement that.

Sorry for the bad English but I hope it´s understandable what I want to say.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 08:29:15 am by MUTO »

Offline jh00

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2013, 10:26:02 am »
How do you protect the pool of the following scenario:

One creates a fork of the orignal sources, that does the following: If the miner finds a chain with lower difficulty it submits a share to the pool. If it in fact finds a proper chain for a block it marks it as solo mined. I'm not a programmer but I assume it whould not be a big hack to implement that.
The server generates the merkle root hash which includes the coinbase transaction. This hash is used to identify work on the server, thus the miner can't send custom transactions to the server as they would generate a different merkle root. Since the merkle root hash is relevant for calculating the block header hash, which is used for finding the final bnChainMultiplier the miner is unable to use different transactions when mining and then modifying transactions when a share was found.

The only real weakness Primecoin pool mining has is that people can modify their miners to find more lower shares but less shares of block difficulty. We are trying to prevent this by making high difficulty shares much more valuable. It seems to work so far.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 08:54:38 pm by jh00 »

Offline MUTO

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2013, 11:21:20 am »
Thanks for clarifying this. Even if I don't understand it fully, I appreciate you have something in place to protect the pool  :)

Offline akspa

• XPM+PPC= Awesomeness
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2013, 04:43:36 am »
In the past week of using ypool, I've gotten more coin than I did solo mining for the 1.5wks prior to joining the pool.

Offline FoldingTime

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
What do you think about Ypool?
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2013, 08:23:59 pm »
During my first 2 days on the pool I find 2 blocks :O

A pity I've only got 8 coins for my trouble.

Offline mhps

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2013, 02:41:24 pm »
Same here. I started using ypool two days ago on a machine that found one block in 25 days solo-mining using the latest hp miner. On ypool using mumus v7.1 it gets ~ 0.5 xpm/day, quite in agreement with solo-mining rate (10.5xpm/block now).
However after two days on ypool I just found a 10-chain block! Guess I have used up all my luck in the next 20 days.  ;D  Well more seriously, I wonder if the mumus miner is really more efficient than hp9 ?
PPC PU6zS8RRBWP2UxhuRFengGsu8n4tEYB5xV XPM AJAgBpPjGQoL38mrtW91dVqhbMHqu25vfG

Offline atariguy

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2013, 05:59:57 pm »
I started solo mining last week, and was finding about a block a day on each computer I used. Now 3 days of nothing, and the last block I found is still not confirmed yet. I guess things are slowing down?

I just started on the pool to see if things go better that way.

Offline Sharky444

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2013, 02:08:52 pm »
I started solo mining last week, and was finding about a block a day on each computer I used. Now 3 days of nothing, and the last block I found is still not confirmed yet. I guess things are slowing down?

I just started on the pool to see if things go better that way.

How do I see if I've found a block when solomining? Have I to wait for the confirms, and then the coins will apear in my balance sheet?

Offline atariguy

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2013, 10:34:48 pm »
They'll show up as "immature" (if I remember right), right on the main screen. And it takes about 3 days for confirmations to occur before they're spendable.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:36:34 pm by atariguy »