Author Topic: What do you think about Ypool?  (Read 1601 times)

Offline jh00

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Ypool
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2013, 10:18:05 pm »
Gratz ypool I just checked 5% blocks and 3000+ workers. I never expected a pool like this in the 2nd week of primecoin  :D
Thanks! But you can imagine I didn't sleep much in the past two weeks ;P It's a fun project however, but the demand is 100 times larger than expected.

Offline craslovell

• Hashing away, the moments that make up a dull day
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2013, 01:16:25 am »
Arg I join up and a few hours later I find a block  >:(

No worries though, pool seems to be running well. Client has not crashed on me since I started it.
PPC: PQKv5dNz9kgWpTSQDwbT3GGnqUghzhZ1mL
XPM: AYLXzB77w48bitdpBdoCjuCGEBzfoMnfnQ
Join the party: www.ppcoin.d7.lt

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 03:18:05 am »
Gratz ypool I just checked 5% blocks and 3000+ workers. I never expected a pool like this in the 2nd week of primecoin  :D
Thanks! But you can imagine I didn't sleep much in the past two weeks ;P It's a fun project however, but the demand is 100 times larger than expected.
Kudos for fixing the miner, the last version was frustrating ... now to give you more work: Can you incorporate that speed into your miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255782.0 ?

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2013, 05:25:52 am »

WOW, I didn't even realize... there was something like 300 workers a day before that!

Offline Destiffmast

• Seeing is believing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2013, 08:09:34 pm »
I wonder if its actually possible to use the same processor to solo mine and pool, like 3 cores solo, 3 cores pool?

Offline MUTO

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2013, 09:10:42 pm »
Shouldn´t be a problem as long as the miner for the pool supports to reduce the number of threads. The wallet does support this

In your case: setgenerate true 3

Offline Destiffmast

• Seeing is believing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2013, 09:17:23 pm »
Sweet I will give that a try! Cheers  ;)

Offline ivanlabrie

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2013, 10:25:52 pm »
control+shift+esc

Go to the ypool miner process and right click, hit affinity and assign desired cores.

Offline albi

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2013, 11:39:14 pm »
Cool trick, didnt know that one. Still, need a windows for that ;)
BTC: 1M1Xqm3GKNawhdKSNXgymYB72TBUnS9z4r
XPM: Aa8hrQ3R5HAjTHPw4zediU1EnHGft5UdgS

Offline sandakersmann

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2013, 03:16:00 pm »
Almost 4000 workers now!   8)
PPC: PTKTSc5dd9ygxxkLoSuWxMSqLiiDBV1zy9  |  XPM: AStHXAVpfN2gE4Jn8a8FEfMo9pkzB5B3sg
BTC: 13Ti97p6HqLT5sbjj1HHrB1GcgvbMZvNUP  |  LTC: LVaiYHVaSVe1bX2YBymppPFhwJSAEWGvCB

Offline PPCoinFX

• Totally PPrime Optic!
    • View Profile
    • proxy.primeoptic.net
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2013, 04:25:01 pm »
I'm guessing the number of accounts was replaced with the number of actual worker accounts. Sorry to spoil the illusion ? If not, then that is crazy!

Its certainly a really innovative, fast growing and popular pool after only a few weeks. Great Job !

WOW, I didn't even realize... there was something like 300 workers a day before that!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 04:28:01 pm by PPCoinFX »
XPM: AVMUu1fQc7wEUAhva7Gxrz7aZiJZvwvWaD - Primed at ypool: http://ypool.net

PPC: PPBWqKBwwtaSyzqYvLXRX6XviQuvk4y5Vv - Hashing at TheSeven's Pool: http://theseven.bounceme.net/~theseven/pool/

Offline PPCoinFX

• Totally PPrime Optic!
    • View Profile
    • proxy.primeoptic.net
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2013, 04:37:06 pm »
I wonder if its actually possible to use the same processor to solo mine and pool, like 3 cores solo, 3 cores pool?

Indeed. Set number of cores in the Primecoin wallet: (Debug > setgenerate true 3) and also for jhprimeminer.exe:

In the shortcut 'Target' field, after "C:\Program Files\jhprimeminer\jhPrimeminer.exe"

Type (or copy paste): -t <number of cores> -o http://ypool.net:10034 -u <username>.<workername> -p <password>

Windows Guide: http://community.ypool.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=8

8)
XPM: AVMUu1fQc7wEUAhva7Gxrz7aZiJZvwvWaD - Primed at ypool: http://ypool.net

PPC: PPBWqKBwwtaSyzqYvLXRX6XviQuvk4y5Vv - Hashing at TheSeven's Pool: http://theseven.bounceme.net/~theseven/pool/

Offline testix

• testix from ypool.net
    • View Profile
    • yPool.net
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2013, 05:24:57 pm »
Hi everybody, testix from ypool here (i am responsible for the webapplication + some other small background-things)!
as jh00 is already active here, i thought that i should also have an account here ;)

I'm guessing the number of accounts was replaced with the number of actual worker accounts. Sorry to spoil the illusion ? If not, then that is crazy!

worker count at the top of the page is showing currently connected number of jhPrimerminers 8)we didn't replace anything, but for a while our counter just counted the miners connected by getwork, thats why it was 1-2 days showing a far to low number (jh00 created a new protocol -> x.pushthrough).

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2013, 11:21:25 pm »
Hi everybody, testix from ypool here (i am responsible for the webapplication + some other small background-things)!
as jh00 is already active here, i thought that i should also have an account here ;)

worker count at the top of the page is showing currently connected number of jhPrimerminers 8)we didn't replace anything, but for a while our counter just counted the miners connected by getwork, thats why it was 1-2 days showing a far to low number (jh00 created a new protocol -> x.pushthrough).

Thanks for the update and sharing the info. It will only help the pool grow. Glad to see you here!