• Crypto Sex Toys - PPC Adult Mega Store - 1000's of products, Same Day Dispatch, Fleshlights!
  • Advertise here for 1 PPC per day
  • Escrow for your PPC (PeerCoin) Trades. Fuzzy Escrow Service 1% fee
  • Limited Edition - Physical Primecoins and Peercoins! - Each is 1 Troy Ounce of .999 Fine Silver - Available with other merchandise only at FiniteByDesign.com

Author Topic: Wall Observer - The PPC Speculation Thread  (Read 7878 times)

Offline hellscabane

• View Profile
Re: Wall Observer - The PPC Speculation Thread
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2013, 05:22:50 am »
By then you'll be able to short Bitcoin on markets, so there's your incentive. This isn't probable in my opinion, this IS going to happen.

PPC is going to gain in value increasingly as people wake up to these realities and explode in popularity when the 'Great Bitcoin Crash' happens... in about 3 years from now.

Time to buy more ppc at these insanely affordable prices (and hold).  :)
Hehe, looks like people are listening to this prudent advice.  Prices are stabilizing at a more sustainable upward trajectory.

(There is also good transfer velocity, no sure what the catalyst for this is, but increased velocity is definitely good for PPC.)
PPC: PJvRkFuLg2tJdL7Q3a9eEbyewCErqBQkkg

Offline d5000

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2013, 01:49:54 am »
Time for a new micro-analysis :)

PPC is following BTC in it's current rally. Nearly all the other altcoins have lost value against BTC, including Primecoin.

The graph of the market cap in USD shows that since the dip at the beginning of June PPC has nearly doubled its price (in fiat) and is constantly growing, and in a very stable way (much more stable than BTC):

http://coinmarketcap.com/ppc_90.html

(Obviously you must rest the coin supply growth, but PPC inflation is below 2 % per month)
PPC: PSiLBTVf3Hii3ZwW6wL99Cni3167pQdL1S
BTC: 1CJpRm9GWmCbtFkLTcuqioCh1vmVsozGPs

Offline Excelsior

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2013, 03:18:37 am »
Yeah, when I saw that I did a double take lol. Then again, I always knew PPC was the tortoise in this jack-rabbit game. As we speak, Sunny is working hard on taking it all to the next rung on the ladder. Slow and steady.

In the midst of all the trolling and hype in this world, shadowy investors are doing research and realizing, one at a time, that PPC is poised, by virtue of design and more, for greatness. They are, and will, invest accordingly.

We're behind you Sunny.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 03:23:26 am by Excelsior »

Offline whifmoi

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2013, 07:35:16 am »
Yes I like this stability also, but nevertheless it will jump from time to time, more often up than down.

Offline whifmoi

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2013, 07:45:06 am »
The last hours we had impressive buys and sells on btc-e in between 0.00150 BTC/PPC and 0.00158 BTC/PPC. It seems to me that someone wanted to manipulate the price down. There are some heavy anti-cyclical traders here, I enjoy this. Also bought some coins. It's now stable again at around 0.00155.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 07:48:04 am by whifmoi »

Offline MeBeingAwesome

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2013, 04:39:40 am »
When do we hit the tipping point? PPC is a very interesting currency to me, because most of its proponents/major holders seem to enjoy lurking quietly in the shadows,  building up their long-term PPC holdings gradually.

If the total supply of PPC is slowly being bought up by people who think it will one day be worth more than Bitcoin, what happens when the total tradable/liquid supply dips below demand? Do you expect a linear increase over time, or a sharp sigmoid-like s-curve upwards? The tipping point hasn't arrived, but it's also not as far off as we might think.

Offline Excelsior

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2013, 05:47:39 am »
It's only a matter of time. Checkpoint removal, upgrades, new serious investors streaming in (if only in shadows), new website, etc. These things will make a difference.

I do sense a tipping point as well. Coming closer.  :)

Offline whifmoi

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2013, 11:03:59 am »
It's over one day that btc-e is making an update of their BTC wallet. Since then BTC can not be withdrawn nor deposited. This can have influence to the exchange rate, of course.

Offline whifmoi

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2013, 04:29:11 pm »
btc-e is ready with BTC wallet update, fasten your seat belts.

Offline coolbeans94

• Peercoin: The "Green" Cryptocurrency
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2013, 08:32:42 am »
PPC outperforming BTC now

Offline whifmoi

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2013, 09:22:16 am »
The low graph: Where is it traded so high to the BTC?

Offline d5000

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2013, 01:02:39 pm »
^^That was a little bubble at crypto-trade. Now there it's at 0,16, very close to BTC-E.

PPC is about to pass $0,20 and has a new 90-day market cap high: $ 4,050,119 at coinmarketcap.com.

Does someone remember the (market-cap) all-time-high? The PPC/BTC all-time-high was about 0.035, as I remember.

I think price will continue to grow after v0.4 will be released. For now, fundamental news are mostly good (e.g. two new exchanges offering PPC/USD).

----

PS: Was calculating a bit and market cap ATH was probably at April 6, when PPC/USD high was 0.00349 * ~ 140 USD BTC/USD * 18290000 coins, which gives me 8936494. So market cap ATH should have been between 8,8 and 9 million USD.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 02:00:53 pm by d5000 »
PPC: PSiLBTVf3Hii3ZwW6wL99Cni3167pQdL1S
BTC: 1CJpRm9GWmCbtFkLTcuqioCh1vmVsozGPs

Offline coolbeans94

• Peercoin: The "Green" Cryptocurrency
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2013, 12:16:37 am »
Here is a speculation chart for you:

Interesting that PPC v0.4 is expected to be released on or about October 13th...(potential high point)?

Offline calian

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2013, 08:52:31 am »
We're up 8% against BTC today and market cap is brushing $4.5 million. Any news?

Offline MeBeingAwesome

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2013, 06:56:03 pm »
We're up 8% against BTC today and market cap is brushing $4.5 million. Any news?

One big buyer has been jumping in over the last couple days. They're starting to spread out their buys more (first day or two they were buying big 50k+ blocks) to try and keep the price low, but it doesn't seem to be working. PPC up 19% today.