• Crypto Sex Toys - PPC Adult Mega Store - 1000's of products, Same Day Dispatch, Fleshlights!
  • Advertise here for 1 PPC per day
  • Escrow for your PPC (PeerCoin) Trades. Fuzzy Escrow Service 1% fee
  • Limited Edition - Physical Primecoins and Peercoins! - Each is 1 Troy Ounce of .999 Fine Silver - Available with other merchandise only at FiniteByDesign.com

Author Topic: The Official ppcoin.org Website Redesign Planning Thread  (Read 3261 times)

Offline Sentinelrv

• View Profile
The Official ppcoin.org Website Redesign Planning Thread
« on: October 06, 2013, 07:04:58 pm »
Guys, ppcoin.org as it currently stands is a problem. I have seen people in chat say that they wouldn't invest in ppc because the website gives off an unprofessional appearance and that it reflects that on the coin. I don't know how many people are affected by this, but it doesn't need to be this way.

I originally posted this thread to gain support for a temp design until we had the time to build a new one, but it seems from the way this thread has gone that people are more interested in fully redesigning the website, so I've converted this into a planning thread for the redesign.

Go ahead and post any design or feature ideas you can think of. You can leave feedback for ideas or even offer your talents to help with the redesign. The way I see it, this website will act as an information hub that will contribute to many people's understanding of what makes Peercoin better than Bitcoin. That awareness of the benefits of Peercoin is what we want.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 06:10:10 pm by Sentinelrv »
BTC: 15Nsm6DzFJLX9iFGR23yxx1Y8TcLHnNDuD  |  LTC: LWG7ckjyJjxMFGFTjFtgSDi9sT2eMyr9xw
PPC: PNH9rirzGKi6xAYKrrhAvnRE1pnJEQRPs8  |  NMC: N9xxKpCzZuC8iW7wNu8fd287bPDzKrALgr

Offline Notanon

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Yes, miles better than the current page.

Offline Excelsior

• View Profile
I agree, plus the move brings focus to website development, which is crucial.

Offline Yurizhai

• View Profile
Yes.

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
meh 50/50

We need to get something up with more info and so we can work on it and edit as new wording and ideas come, but I feel the green is not right and I think we only want to give Sunny the working code once complete.  So i'd almost suggest we work a bit more on super3's version then give sunny the code to host

FuzzyBear
BTC: 1FvMYwtkrQakoL8Zq1GjfKqTkm2a7TKt6N  |  LTC: LbMPUzwPRkWa5hCJGrEiRCeoYExY6Ujt1D  |  DEV: 1JfbPx4nSGFxfzhTK1h3gHbp1E1BkFbwFW
PPC: PDtcFPhMa9Hc9zTfoRG7zcURCRpcpRdMym  |  TRC: 1FzdruHpffAeW2ZBctDLwR8P4APVpATu2j  |  FRC: 1BADxscUvT42SFXZwXgxEfWVDHkV1QPTEj
NMC: N7q9zg9h4Scfx6R25RTL8LdGxCBQbgq8wz  |

Offline mhps

• View Profile
It is better. But please make the background green a darker, more sophisticated shade (of green or not). Putting some text at the where the logo is and moving the logo off-center would make the layout look better, too, I might add.
PPC PU6zS8RRBWP2UxhuRFengGsu8n4tEYB5xV XPM AJAgBpPjGQoL38mrtW91dVqhbMHqu25vfG

Offline mhps

• View Profile
So i'd almost suggest we work a bit more on super3's version then give sunny the code to host

I'd rather Sunny concentrate on what an arcitech is best at.
PPC PU6zS8RRBWP2UxhuRFengGsu8n4tEYB5xV XPM AJAgBpPjGQoL38mrtW91dVqhbMHqu25vfG

Offline teddyb797

• View Profile
put this one up and state clearly on the front page as a temp design.

Offline Sunny King

• PPC & XPM Architect
    • View Profile
I can point ppcoin.info to the webpage for now. The project needs some commitment from a team of community members to provide hosting and support in addition to development. I would be happy to pass website duties to the team so that I can focus more on client development.

It doesn't have to be paid hosting, to save some cost. For example current website is hosted on heroku for free.

Offline PPCoinFX

• Totally PPrime Optic!
    • View Profile
    • proxy.primeoptic.net
Looks to be a good site design.

I have unlimited bandwidth cPanel hosting available in France, USA and Panama, if that's of any use please drop me a PM.

When you host a bunch of web proxy sites, as I do, then you have to find the best value quality hosting.

8)
XPM: AVMUu1fQc7wEUAhva7Gxrz7aZiJZvwvWaD - Primed at ypool: http://ypool.net

PPC: PPBWqKBwwtaSyzqYvLXRX6XviQuvk4y5Vv - Hashing at TheSeven's Pool: http://theseven.bounceme.net/~theseven/pool/

Offline Sentinelrv

• View Profile
I don't know a lot about hosting websites, so all I can really do here is offer my opinion on the looks. Somebody else would have to help out with that.

Some people have stated their concerns about the color. Maybe super3 can offer some different shades of green to choose from. And if we stated that it's a temp website, where would that text be located? I also thought it looked a little empty with only the logo there. Is there anything we can include under the logo?
BTC: 15Nsm6DzFJLX9iFGR23yxx1Y8TcLHnNDuD  |  LTC: LWG7ckjyJjxMFGFTjFtgSDi9sT2eMyr9xw
PPC: PNH9rirzGKi6xAYKrrhAvnRE1pnJEQRPs8  |  NMC: N9xxKpCzZuC8iW7wNu8fd287bPDzKrALgr

Offline teddyb797

• View Profile
Looks to be a good site design.

I have unlimited bandwidth cPanel hosting available in France, USA and Panama, if that's of any use please drop me a PM.

When you host a bunch of web proxy sites, as I do, then you have to find the best value quality hosting.

8)

are you willing to host it?

we got the green light, lets get this done asap.

if nobody willing to host it, i will.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:21:12 am by teddyb797 »

Offline Sentinelrv

• View Profile
I think those pictures are beautiful, but I'm not sure about putting them on the website. I feel like it might make it cluttered looking. I prefer the clean simplistic look we have right now, maybe a different color or shade of green though.

Offline super3

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Who has control of the ppcoin.org domain? I have hosting and all the other stuff covered. If you want me to host it set the nameservers to: ns1.digitalocean.com, ns2.digitalocean.com, ns3.digitalocean.com

Again this is just a temporary website, and it is something I have right now. I can make the code available on Github for yall to make changes. I'm a bit busy this week with midterms, but can design something better and professional after Friday. 

Offline Jordan Lee

• Peershare Architect
    • View Profile
Thanks super3. The new website looks great! I appreciate your work.
Bitmessage: BM-2D9MHYUoyS9DcRDrYHn4ESDxwNz4MkWb6F