Author Topic: **Quick Guide!** - How to mine Primecoin  (Read 17111 times)

Offline super3

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: **Quick Guide!** - How to mine Primecoin
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2013, 02:14:21 am »
For those that didn't use their free Amazon 100$ in AWS credit.

Fill this form : http://aws.amazon.com/big-data/powerof60/terms/

You'll receive a code by email almost instantly.

Nice share. I am not sure how efficient it will be to keep them running once GPU miners are released but for now a free $100 in credit sounds great.
I did the numbers. The high cpu instances of AWS are really expensive, the low CPU ones are not powerful at all. If you launched them all at once you are only looking at about $5 worth of XPM.

Offline icedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2013, 12:59:27 am »
My plan to mine with a ton of cores fizzled today. Got one server loaded to try it with 48 cores. It was suggested that the CPU cache was not enough for all the work it was trying to do.

I tried several different methods, played with the Windows settings for L2 cache in the registry and after a two hours I had a whopping 2 primespersec on 48 cores.

Giveaway will have to wait a few weeks  ;D

Did you ever get this solved? I just acquired five 8 core servers, with similar issues...

UPDATE: Upgraded OS from server2003 to Windows7 and performance is vastly improved.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 08:49:43 pm by icedaddy »
XPM: AdSKb2ueBiZvhQJSptn8YforuLgskipCSD
LTC: LTsRnoAx54rCiy3EoVt2AAPF4EFXgDvuTb

Offline super3

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2013, 06:03:34 pm »
Are you guys soloing with your server clusters? I built my cluster this week. I have i7, i5(x3), and i3(x2). Looking to add another i5, and a Xeon blade next week. I've split my cluster among rPool and Beeeeer. I'd say I'm making 5-10 XPM a day now.

Offline icedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2013, 09:58:55 pm »
Are you guys soloing with your server clusters? I built my cluster this week. I have i7, i5(x3), and i3(x2). Looking to add another i5, and a Xeon blade next week. I've split my cluster among rPool and Beeeeer. I'd say I'm making 5-10 XPM a day now.

My cluster is up to 20 machines now (I am not yet smart enough to understand the i7/i5/i3 stuff), and the idea of having 20 wallets to manage for solo mining is not something I want to do, and if there is a way to have just one wallet on the cluster and have just miners on the others for primecoin (like CPUminer for other coins) I have yet to figure it out. For me mining in general, and particularly primecoins, is still very much a work in process, but I am having a blast!
I was having bandwidth issues but I have resolved those and it's full speed ahead. If SY's stats are to be believed (and I have no reason to doubt them) I am at just under 50 XPM per day on beeeeer at this point.
XPM: AdSKb2ueBiZvhQJSptn8YforuLgskipCSD
LTC: LTsRnoAx54rCiy3EoVt2AAPF4EFXgDvuTb