• Crypto Sex Toys - PPC Adult Mega Store - 1000's of products, Same Day Dispatch, Fleshlights!
  • Advertise here for 1 PPC per day
  • Escrow for your PPC (Peercoin) Trades. Fuzzy Escrow Service 1% fee
  • Limited Edition - Physical Primecoins and Peercoins! - Each is 1 Troy Ounce of .999 Fine Silver - Available with other merchandise only at FiniteByDesign.com
  • Print

Author Topic: [Discussion] Managing a Primecoin Mining Cluster  (Read 360 times)

Offline super3

• Peercoin Activist
  • Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
[Discussion] Managing a Primecoin Mining Cluster
« on: October 13, 2013, 08:45:41 pm »
I'm currently running a mining cluster. Currently 5 high-end machines, and looking to add two more and a server on Monday/Tuesday. I just wanted to put up a thread to discuss with people who have decent Primecoin mining operations. My first question is do you solo mine or use a pool?
BTC: 1E7ybFbwW25cTUa5Wy7RCQmHyV3u4Cn94q | PPC: PLgP7SWwoLN3eveFwpSfM5APc7ikYVdD6m | XPM: AazUVfiuPSJdu87rzJmHMQe3vQHqrQKUB5

Offline Scott. S

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: [Discussion] Managing a Primecoin Mining Cluster
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 09:39:35 pm »
Currently I am mining solo. I've got 5 Linux servers set up for mining, after almost a month. I have yet to mine anything. I may consider getting into a mining pool. I just need to set it up.

Offline deFRAGer

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 02:20:18 am »
I am running between 7 and 13 machines, and I am pool mining on beeeeer.org (right amount of 'e's?), and I have been mining for about a week. I have made a script that I download to the machine and run, which automatically downloads and starts the miner (all my machines are ubuntu server linux). I then check back occasionally to make sure everything is running smoothly / has not crashed. I use the program 'superputty' to manage my ssh connections, with each machine with its own tab.

Online irritant

• Peercoin Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 10:08:12 am »

;D

Offline super3

• Peercoin Activist
  • Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 04:04:16 pm »
Last night I wrote a script to run Primeminer yesterday. I can detect when you find a block, and your mine rate. I was thinking about offering it as web service, so you monitor your miners stats, and auto-relaunch them them if it crashes. These things will crash without reason, and there seems to be a new update every other day. Would anyone be interested in this?
BTC: 1E7ybFbwW25cTUa5Wy7RCQmHyV3u4Cn94q | PPC: PLgP7SWwoLN3eveFwpSfM5APc7ikYVdD6m | XPM: AazUVfiuPSJdu87rzJmHMQe3vQHqrQKUB5

Offline icedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 07:23:50 pm »
I have a cluster of a couple of dozen PCs, the number varies depending on what ones have died and I haven't gotten around to fixing them yet. My thread count is about 120; I hope to double that by the end of the year. All are Windows 7 (I know nothing about Linux), which I have found works better that XP or 8 for mining. Some are x86 and some x64, a mix of xeon and intel q9550 processors.
Having no desire to manage a couple of dozen wallets, and not knowing how to have a cluster solo mine to a single wallet, I use beeeeer.org pool.
BTC: 13z4uC6XZnqGUC8AUzjyZrXVLg5rLR4koe
XPM: AdSKb2ueBiZvhQJSptn8YforuLgskipCSD
LTC: LTsRnoAx54rCiy3EoVt2AAPF4EFXgDvuTb
PPC: P9zKxiYUZUft7CkL7FDi7T4ca8328zw2ZX

Offline Scott. S

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 05:02:57 pm »
Quote from: deFRAGer on October 14, 2013, 02:20:18 am
I am running between 7 and 13 machines, and I am pool mining on beeeeer.org (right amount of 'e's?), and I have been mining for about a week. I have made a script that I download to the machine and run, which automatically downloads and starts the miner (all my machines are ubuntu server linux). I then check back occasionally to make sure everything is running smoothly / has not crashed. I use the program 'superputty' to manage my ssh connections, with each machine with its own tab.

I want to start mining on beeeeer.org. Is there a reliable script for LInux which you may know of? I don't use Ubuntu, it's Suse. Also, should I stop utilizing my solo mining scripts on the machines if I start with pool mining? Plus how would the wallet work. Should I use just one?

• Print