Author Topic: [ANN] ypool.net - The first and only Primecoin mining pool!  (Read 893 times)

Offline jh00

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Hi,

this is the official announcement for our Primecoin mining pool ypool.net
As of writing this we are the only Primecoin pool available currently.

Some stats:
  • 3% fee
  • 3400 confirmations per block - We will decrease this soon
  • Custom miner software
  • Already well established - More than 500 people actively mining each day (over 3000 connected workers in average)
  • High performance - Very low percentage (<1%) of rejected shares or miner downtime
  • Active in development - New features coming every few days

Link:
http://ypool.net

Once registered, a detailed guide on how to start mining in our pool can be found in the 'How To' section. We also have a GUI tool for the miner here.

- jh00
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:38:32 am by jh00 »

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [ANN] ypool.net - The first and only Primecoin mining pool!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 01:45:20 am »
Hey Jh00

Just wanted to say excellent job o the pool :)I would not be able to get any XPM if it was not for all your hard work :)really appreciated and nice to see you and your other dev here in the forum :)

FuzzyBear
BTC: 1FvMYwtkrQakoL8Zq1GjfKqTkm2a7TKt6N  |  LTC: LbMPUzwPRkWa5hCJGrEiRCeoYExY6Ujt1D  |  DEV: 1JfbPx4nSGFxfzhTK1h3gHbp1E1BkFbwFW
PPC: PDtcFPhMa9Hc9zTfoRG7zcURCRpcpRdMym  |  TRC: 1FzdruHpffAeW2ZBctDLwR8P4APVpATu2j  |  FRC: 1BADxscUvT42SFXZwXgxEfWVDHkV1QPTEj
NMC: N7q9zg9h4Scfx6R25RTL8LdGxCBQbgq8wz  |

Offline tinnvec

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 02:20:44 am »
I know there have been nay-sayers in the past about the pool, but you guys have really been doing a bang up job of staying interactive with the community and interested in development.

Will you be making a mac version available in the future?

By the way, I'll be adding my i7 3770k to the pool too!
฿ 1tinnSKqC8XnZJreR3GkQbHhG7u7w91tr
N6NCQuqnC4KsbeRGqqCDdR6YhdzqCC583c
PFhAzn3ffnZ5tU2gYEs1KFBWnPQnTaPDHZ
Ψ AL1oZxKRccuGewp9PLLNfRHkYEmzvfssb1

Offline jh00

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 02:43:13 am »
Will you be making a mac version available in the future?
Probably not in the near future, since I don't have a mac available. However, seeing that several people from the community are starting to improve our miner there is a chance that somebody else will do it before us.

Offline tinnvec

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 12:14:36 am »
Seems ypool is down at the moment, getting a 500 internal server error

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 12:17:32 am »

yup same here but my miners are still hashing... not sure if they sending shares that are being received.. probably an update or DDOS... hopefully the former...
BTC: 1FvMYwtkrQakoL8Zq1GjfKqTkm2a7TKt6N  |  LTC: LbMPUzwPRkWa5hCJGrEiRCeoYExY6Ujt1D  |  DEV: 1JfbPx4nSGFxfzhTK1h3gHbp1E1BkFbwFW
PPC: PDtcFPhMa9Hc9zTfoRG7zcURCRpcpRdMym  |  TRC: 1FzdruHpffAeW2ZBctDLwR8P4APVpATu2j  |  FRC: 1BADxscUvT42SFXZwXgxEfWVDHkV1QPTEj

Offline tinnvec

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 12:26:40 am »

yup same here but my miners are still hashing... not sure if they sending shares that are being received.. probably an update or DDOS... hopefully the former...

Yeah, more than likely the webserver is just down (port 80) and the primecoind is running on the mining port, of course, and still working. Had a couple invalid shares about the time I noticed the site down, but otherwise, still humming along.

EDIT: and just as I post this, site is back up, great way to be on top of things, ypool guys!

Offline jh00

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 12:45:32 am »
We did some updates to the database, which slowed down the whole server for a few minutes. It should work fine again by now.

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 12:49:54 am »
We did some updates to the database, which slowed down the whole server for a few minutes. It should work fine again by now.

yup all back up and perfect :)thank you

FuzzyBear

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 01:37:00 pm »
Hello,

Just wondering if you guys have any idea the PPS your pool is getting?? to try and give solo miners a perspective of what is a good PPS these days?

Many thanks

FuzzyBear

Offline jh00

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 03:05:53 pm »
Hello,

Just wondering if you guys have any idea the PPS your pool is getting?? to try and give solo miners a perspective of what is a good PPS these days?

Many thanks

FuzzyBear

I don't really like the pps measurement. If you modify the sieve size (using the -s parameter) you can easily double your pps rate without actually getting more shares. pps is only good if you want to compare two computers that use the exact same software and configuration (e.g. jhPrimeminer v0.32 32bit with default sieve size 800.000)

That being said, if we assume everyone uses the most recent official version of jhPrimeminer, our pool receives 12.74 shares per second, a miner with 5500 pps gets 24 shares per hour in average (0.00666 per second). So we can estimate the pool to about 10.500.000 pps. It's a nice number that doesn't mean much.

If you want to compare your miner speeds use the shares per hour. It's still not accurate due to the high random factor, but it's better than pps.

Offline tinnvec

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 06:27:53 pm »
I like the recent update you guys made to make payment based on probability of share solving the block, sort of a share difficulty based payment.

I saw your post earlier about the -s option for sieve size, is there documentation for the parameters somewhere? I seem to be striking out on my search so far

Offline craslovell

• Hashing away, the moments that make up a dull day
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 08:52:06 am »
Am I the only one who is stuck on the "share system update" page when I login? It will not let me view the stats page or anything except for that message. I've cleared browser data out, used three browsers, and tried on two different computers... lol  ::)
PPC: PQKv5dNz9kgWpTSQDwbT3GGnqUghzhZ1mL
XPM: AYLXzB77w48bitdpBdoCjuCGEBzfoMnfnQ
Join the party: www.ppcoin.d7.lt

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 09:35:19 am »
Am I the only one who is stuck on the "share system update" page when I login? It will not let me view the stats page or anything except for that message. I've cleared browser data out, used three browsers, and tried on two different computers... lol  ::)

Yeah just you, everything fine my end looking at the pool webpage... not sure what to suggest... maybe try turning your monitor off and back on again.... shake the monitor... maybe the pixels have got stuck?? but seriously maybe try on friends PC and see if you have issue there, or is it your account that has bug in it?

FuzzyBear

Offline jh00

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 04:10:31 pm »
There is a big blue 'Continue' (or something similar) button at the bottom of the message.