Author Topic: Boast how many block u solved, PPS and length of time mining  (Read 3184 times)

Offline alatvian

• A Latvian, un-hyphenated American
    • View Profile
    • 6th Street Radio
Re: Boast how many block u solved, PPS and length of time mining
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2013, 01:44:02 am »
Some results finally.  The stock miner from ypool didn't seem to work, even after half a day of mining.  I dug down to this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=257623.msg2846079#msg2846079.  Normally I'm pretty resistant to downloading binary blobs from random people on the internet and running them on my machine, but it's not running as root so what could possibly go wrong? 

So on my Intel Pentium D dual-core 2.80GHz box, after running for only a few hours, I see:
Code: [Select]
SPH: 2.04 - Val/h 0.8268 - 4ch/h: 268 - 5ch/h: 24 - 6ch/h: 5.09 - 7ch/h: 1.02 - PPS: 690

Yay.  Rather piddly, but I've finally gotten a result.  I have a few shares in ypool and have something to show for my efforts.  Yes I have to run things in wine but them's are the breaks.  I still have some doubt that a GPU miner will be all it's cracked up to be, given the nature of the math involved.

Anyone know of a porting effort to native Linux?

Offline FoldingTime

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Boast how many block u solved, PPS and length of time mining
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2013, 06:30:22 pm »
Some results finally.  The stock miner from ypool didn't seem to work, even after half a day of mining.  I dug down to this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=257623.msg2846079#msg2846079.  Normally I'm pretty resistant to downloading binary blobs from random people on the internet and running them on my machine, but it's not running as root so what could possibly go wrong? 

So on my Intel Pentium D dual-core 2.80GHz box, after running for only a few hours, I see:
Code: [Select]
SPH: 2.04 - Val/h 0.8268 - 4ch/h: 268 - 5ch/h: 24 - 6ch/h: 5.09 - 7ch/h: 1.02 - PPS: 690

Yay.  Rather piddly, but I've finally gotten a result.  I have a few shares in ypool and have something to show for my efforts.  Yes I have to run things in wine but them's are the breaks.  I still have some doubt that a GPU miner will be all it's cracked up to be, given the nature of the math involved.

Anyone know of a porting effort to native Linux?

I have been testing this one out myself on Ubuntu 64bit 8 core Opteron under wine and found v4 works better than v5. However, on my Win7 64 bit Desktop the v5 works better.

I would like a port to Linux also ...