• Crypto Sex Toys - PPC Adult Mega Store - 1000's of products, Same Day Dispatch, Fleshlights!
  • Advertise here for 1 PPC per day
  • Escrow for your PPC (PeerCoin) Trades. Fuzzy Escrow Service 1% fee
  • Limited Edition - Physical Primecoins and Peercoins! - Each is 1 Troy Ounce of .999 Fine Silver - Available with other merchandise only at FiniteByDesign.com

Author Topic: Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin  (Read 2817 times)

Offline mtrit

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin
« on: July 21, 2013, 07:45:39 pm »
THIS POST IS A SCAM I HAVE REMOVED THE FALSE ADDY TO DEPOSIT TO.

Please support the real dev on his GPU miner on this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=258540.0

I am working on an OpenCL GPU miner for Primecoin. I fully intend to release it open-source and for free when it's ready.

Where do I download it?
It's not ready yet, I've just started on July 18th. Donate 1 BTC or more and get early beta access a week before others! The address is in the bottom of this post. Thanks!

When will it be released?
If all goes well, there should be a closed beta on July 25th. The official release will be after a week or two of beta testing.

Why should I trust you?
I am the creator of the GPU miner Reaper. I was the first person to show that GPU mining Litecoins (i.e. scrypt) is possible and also a lot more efficient than on the CPU. I've made my own GPU miners for many coins, including Bitcoin, Litecoin and Yacoin, although not all of them have been released to the public. The Primecoin GPU miner will be free and open-source.

I am also a university math student, and I have made my own implementation of the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm used by Bitcoin (and all its forks) to make transactions. From scratch. (Yes, that includes my own bignum library.) I know a lot about algebra, prime numbers and such.

Why not CUDA?
CUDA is not cross-platform. It only works on Nvidia cards, but AMD cards are the ones with the best performance. OpenCL works on all GPUs.

What operating systems will the miner support?
Windows and Linux.

How fast is the miner going to be?
It is very difficult to say at this point. Some people have/had a bounty for a CUDA miner that is twice the speed of the CPU miner. I think that's definitely achievable.

Donate 1 BTC or more and get early beta access!

To fund the development of the miner, I would appreciate it if you could donate a sum of BTC, it will motivate me to work harder and faster, and thus you'll be able to enjoy the miner sooner. As an additional bonus, every donator of 1 BTC or more gets early access to the beta version at least a week before the miner is officially released.

Donation address:

After donating, please PM me the transaction ID, or paste it to this thread, so that I know who has donated.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 12:48:52 pm by FuzzyBear »

Offline ivanlabrie

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 08:02:17 pm »
I severely suspect this guy is just after donations...reaper is a memory hungry program nobody uses these days really.
He's got like 40btc from the bitcointalk forum guys, now a thread here as well. Fishy :/

Offline MakuLovesTea

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 08:11:26 pm »
If you guys really suspect him of just going after donations....just don't donate, it's that simple.. He said he plans a release by July 25th, and a full release about 2 weeks after that.  I don't really see any reason to believe he's after donations if this is what he claims...just don't donate if you feel suspicious.   :P

Offline 8bitPunk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 03:23:55 am »
While I trust mtrlt on Bitcointalk... I believe this is a scam post here on ppcointalk.org...

It is a copy/paste of this thread post - with the donation address changed

Original:
Code: [Select]
Donation address: 1FKfgFQeZCpjGDn7ocgj26nk4K2TNiVJyD
New:
Donation address: 1HjqqMtvFEX5HKdVrcToXLXmCFCWuk2uRe
It is possible that this post is legit and mtrlt is using a different address to track which forum donations were received from, however, if you are donating I would consider using the original donation address until the identity of mtrlt is confirmed on this forum.
Ƀ 18bPunkuginRBm1Xz9mcgj8mWJnHDAW5Th | Ł LTCgXEdyBdoQ9WdF6JHi7Pa2EWtzbDjG76 | Ψ ATEBiTLkLpAYeW5hQknUfSvnb7Abbgegku

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 04:40:54 am »
While I trust mtrlt on Bitcointalk... I believe this is a scam post here on ppcointalk.org...

Original:
New:
It is possible that this post is legit and mtrlt is using a different address to track which forum donations were received from, however, if you are donating I would consider using the original donation address until the identity of mtrlt is confirmed on this forum.

+1 for spotting this, please post a link to the user on btc talk to confirm this post or not and i'll remove if necessary

FuzzyBear
BTC: 1FvMYwtkrQakoL8Zq1GjfKqTkm2a7TKt6N  |  LTC: LbMPUzwPRkWa5hCJGrEiRCeoYExY6Ujt1D  |  DEV: 1JfbPx4nSGFxfzhTK1h3gHbp1E1BkFbwFW
PPC: PDtcFPhMa9Hc9zTfoRG7zcURCRpcpRdMym  |  TRC: 1FzdruHpffAeW2ZBctDLwR8P4APVpATu2j  |  FRC: 1BADxscUvT42SFXZwXgxEfWVDHkV1QPTEj
NMC: N7q9zg9h4Scfx6R25RTL8LdGxCBQbgq8wz  |

Offline craslovell

• Hashing away, the moments that make up a dull day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 05:03:32 am »

Original:
New:

Good spot! I suspect this will have to be removed. Along with the copy/paste with a different address, this person did not even get the name right. It is mtrlt not mtrit

I will see if the real mtrlt is interested in making an account here to help thwart this kind of activity.
PPC: PQKv5dNz9kgWpTSQDwbT3GGnqUghzhZ1mL
XPM: AYLXzB77w48bitdpBdoCjuCGEBzfoMnfnQ
Join the party: www.ppcoin.d7.lt

Offline mtrlt

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 11:24:50 am »
This is a scam. Idiot didn't even get my name right. Please delete this thread.