• Crypto Sex Toys - PPC Adult Mega Store - 1000's of products, Same Day Dispatch, Fleshlights!
  • Advertise here for 1 PPC per day
  • Escrow for your PPC (PeerCoin) Trades. Fuzzy Escrow Service 1% fee
  • Limited Edition - Physical Primecoins and Peercoins! - Each is 1 Troy Ounce of .999 Fine Silver - Available with other merchandise only at FiniteByDesign.com

Author Topic: **Quick Guide!** - How to mine Primecoin  (Read 19726 times)

Offline super3

• Peercoin Activist
  • Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: **Quick Guide!** - How to mine Primecoin
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2013, 02:14:21 am »
For those that didn't use their free Amazon 100$ in AWS credit.

Fill this form : http://aws.amazon.com/big-data/powerof60/terms/

You'll receive a code by email almost instantly.

Nice share. I am not sure how efficient it will be to keep them running once GPU miners are released but for now a free $100 in credit sounds great.
I did the numbers. The high cpu instances of AWS are really expensive, the low CPU ones are not powerful at all. If you launched them all at once you are only looking at about $5 worth of XPM.
BTC: 1E7ybFbwW25cTUa5Wy7RCQmHyV3u4Cn94q | PPC: PLgP7SWwoLN3eveFwpSfM5APc7ikYVdD6m | XPM: AazUVfiuPSJdu87rzJmHMQe3vQHqrQKUB5

Offline icedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2013, 12:59:27 am »
My plan to mine with a ton of cores fizzled today. Got one server loaded to try it with 48 cores. It was suggested that the CPU cache was not enough for all the work it was trying to do.

I tried several different methods, played with the Windows settings for L2 cache in the registry and after a two hours I had a whopping 2 primespersec on 48 cores.

Giveaway will have to wait a few weeks  ;D

Did you ever get this solved? I just acquired five 8 core servers, with similar issues...

UPDATE: Upgraded OS from server2003 to Windows7 and performance is vastly improved.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 08:49:43 pm by icedaddy »
BTC: 13z4uC6XZnqGUC8AUzjyZrXVLg5rLR4koe
XPM: AdSKb2ueBiZvhQJSptn8YforuLgskipCSD
LTC: LTsRnoAx54rCiy3EoVt2AAPF4EFXgDvuTb
PPC: P9zKxiYUZUft7CkL7FDi7T4ca8328zw2ZX

Offline super3

• Peercoin Activist
  • Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2013, 06:03:34 pm »
Are you guys soloing with your server clusters? I built my cluster this week. I have i7, i5(x3), and i3(x2). Looking to add another i5, and a Xeon blade next week. I've split my cluster among rPool and Beeeeer. I'd say I'm making 5-10 XPM a day now.
BTC: 1E7ybFbwW25cTUa5Wy7RCQmHyV3u4Cn94q | PPC: PLgP7SWwoLN3eveFwpSfM5APc7ikYVdD6m | XPM: AazUVfiuPSJdu87rzJmHMQe3vQHqrQKUB5

Offline icedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2013, 09:58:55 pm »
Are you guys soloing with your server clusters? I built my cluster this week. I have i7, i5(x3), and i3(x2). Looking to add another i5, and a Xeon blade next week. I've split my cluster among rPool and Beeeeer. I'd say I'm making 5-10 XPM a day now.

My cluster is up to 20 machines now (I am not yet smart enough to understand the i7/i5/i3 stuff), and the idea of having 20 wallets to manage for solo mining is not something I want to do, and if there is a way to have just one wallet on the cluster and have just miners on the others for primecoin (like CPUminer for other coins) I have yet to figure it out. For me mining in general, and particularly primecoins, is still very much a work in process, but I am having a blast!
I was having bandwidth issues but I have resolved those and it's full speed ahead. If SY's stats are to be believed (and I have no reason to doubt them) I am at just under 50 XPM per day on beeeeer at this point.

Offline Scott. S

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2013, 08:26:57 pm »
You need to use
Code: [Select]
getbalance "*" 0
to show unconfirmed coins I think. Also when solo mining you don't have anything until you find a block. So your balance will be 0 until a block shows up.

Perhaps I am doing something incorrect. I currently have 25 machines mining for the past month and so far I haven't seen anything. They are all mining on Linux desktops or servers. What can I do to verify mining? How do I determine the XPM and/or immature balances? They are all currently soloing.

Plus what does an XPM value mean? For example, what is 10XPM and how do I determine its worth in say Bitcoins or dollars?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:37:41 pm by Scott. S »

Offline OtakuNoVideo

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2013, 01:02:03 pm »
Hello,

i´m doing some solo mining with 2 Systems with the HP11 Client. Is there any issue if i use the same wallet on 2 systems doing the mining on each System?

Offline super3

• Peercoin Activist
  • Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2013, 04:07:32 am »
Hello,

i´m doing some solo mining with 2 Systems with the HP11 Client. Is there any issue if i use the same wallet on 2 systems doing the mining on each System?
You can totally do that. That is actually the preferred method when you have a large cluster of computers that are solo-mining.

You need to use
getbalance "*" 0
to show unconfirmed coins I think. Also when solo mining you don't have anything until you find a block. So your balance will be 0 until a block shows up.

Perhaps I am doing something incorrect. I currently have 25 machines mining for the past month and so far I haven't seen anything. They are all mining on Linux desktops or servers. What can I do to verify mining? How do I determine the XPM and/or immature balances? They are all currently soloing.

Plus what does an XPM value mean? For example, what is 10XPM and how do I determine its worth in say Bitcoins or dollars?
You probably haven't set the gen command correctly. I suggest you start mining on a pool first before trying soloing. You have to convert XPM -> BTC -> USD to get the real exchange rate.

My cluster is up to 20 machines now (I am not yet smart enough to understand the i7/i5/i3 stuff), and the idea of having 20 wallets to manage for solo mining is not something I want to do, and if there is a way to have just one wallet on the cluster and have just miners on the others for primecoin (like CPUminer for other coins) I have yet to figure it out. For me mining in general, and particularly primecoins, is still very much a work in process, but I am having a blast!
I was having bandwidth issues but I have resolved those and it's full speed ahead. If SY's stats are to be believed (and I have no reason to doubt them) I am at just under 50 XPM per day on beeeeer at this point.
Ha ha. Nice you must be much higher on that high score list than me. How are you managing the coin clients. I was thinking of making a nice little GUI manager. Seems like these things crash every once in a while, not to mention updates and such. I only have 5 machines and it took me a bit of work today to update them all and relaunch the crashed ones.

Offline Scott. S

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2013, 09:23:37 pm »
Hello,

You can totally do that. That is actually the preferred method when you have a large cluster of computers that are solo-mining.

You need to use
getbalance "*" 0

You probably haven't set the gen command correctly. I suggest you start mining on a pool first before trying soloing. You have to convert XPM -> BTC -> USD to get the real exchange rate.

I so far have this set ony my miners. Would you suggest another value?

primecoind setgenerate true -1

Ha ha. Nice you must be much higher on that high score list than me. How are you managing the coin clients. I was thinking of making a nice little GUI manager. Seems like these things crash every once in a while, not to mention updates and such. I only have 5 machines and it took me a bit of work today to update them all and relaunch the crashed ones.

Offline Henk92

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2013, 05:36:44 pm »
hi,  how do i know if i am minig anything?  I have my pc running for some days now.   and i have Primespersec arround 1000  but i still dont see anything in my wallet under transactions/  mined.  am i doing something wrong or does it take a loooong time to get anything?

Offline icedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2013, 10:26:21 pm »
hi,  how do i know if i am minig anything?  I have my pc running for some days now.   and i have Primespersec arround 1000  but i still dont see anything in my wallet under transactions/  mined.  am i doing something wrong or does it take a loooong time to get anything?
I run about 1/3 the primespersec per PC you do and I get a block about once a week but it is highly variable as I have found 2 in a day and gone 2 weeks with nothing.