• Crypto Sex Toys - PPC Adult Mega Store - 1000's of products, Same Day Dispatch, Fleshlights!
  • Advertise here for 1 PPC per day
  • Escrow for your PPC (PeerCoin) Trades. Fuzzy Escrow Service 1% fee
  • Limited Edition - Physical Primecoins and Peercoins! - Each is 1 Troy Ounce of .999 Fine Silver - Available with other merchandise only at FiniteByDesign.com

Author Topic: Mining questions  (Read 1250 times)

Offline MUTO

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Mining questions
« on: July 04, 2013, 11:57:39 am »
Hi all,

Sunny already told that there will be a miner integrated in the wallet. So for the beginning everyone has to mine solo.

I have a few questions about the mining process:

How much will the memory affect the miming rate? I expect nearly no influence, but I don't know.

What do you expect will be the ratio between CPU and GPU as soon as there is a GPU miner?

Do you expect it as easy, to build FPGAs for Primecoin? Or is it as complex as it is for LTC?

Cheers,
Muto

Offline urubu

• View Profile
Re: Mining questions
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 05:52:31 am »
I am throwing a computer together to run this.  I am also wondering if ram speed or quantity have a large effect on hash rates? Also, I assume it will use all cores/threads available?
4770k and M6Gene will be up and running.  ;D
P9wpUEqE26G79tTQye3eR46JSiWZBgfV1k

Offline craslovell

• Hashing away, the moments that make up a dull day
    • View Profile
Re: Mining questions
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 06:29:34 pm »
You will most likely be able to set the amount of threads you want to use, so you don't have your CPU floored out and unusable while mining.

I don't believe FPGAs will be a worry at first, just people with server farms that can throw a couple hundred CPU cores in to mining Primecoin.
PPC: PQKv5dNz9kgWpTSQDwbT3GGnqUghzhZ1mL
XPM: AYLXzB77w48bitdpBdoCjuCGEBzfoMnfnQ
Join the party: www.ppcoin.d7.lt