Author Topic: [CLOSED]Group Buy of USB ASIC's miners - 0.6BTC + P&P (Order placed)  (Read 16742 times)

Offline craslovell

• Hashing away, the moments that make up a dull day
    • View Profile
Re: Group Buy of USB ASIC's miners 337MH
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 04:15:19 am »
Yes I think it's a combo of factors. They're cool/relatively cheap/ready to ship/and use pretty much no power.

Who doesn't want a powered USB hub loaded with these things?!  ;D

And yes, I know for efficiency sake GPUs can't really compare here, but another way to think of it is this:

AMD 7950 - 650ish MH/s = $300

USB Block Erupter - 330ish MH/s = $100
PPC: PQKv5dNz9kgWpTSQDwbT3GGnqUghzhZ1mL
XPM: AYLXzB77w48bitdpBdoCjuCGEBzfoMnfnQ
Join the party: www.ppcoin.d7.lt

Offline PPCoinFX

• Totally PPrime Optic!
    • View Profile
    • proxy.primeoptic.net
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 12:25:07 pm »
Its also about flexibility. I need to be able to mine multiple SHA-256 coins at the same time, support multiple pools and require varying hash rates to move between them, considering profitability and holding coin stock.

At the current Block Erupter USB crypto-currency price in USD, its easily possible to get a return on investment by purchasing more devices with the coins already generated by them, month on month and also by doing merged mining with them. Not to mention the much lower energy cost savings etc.

Besides, Butterfly Labs do not exactly have the best reputation, why would anyone even choose to send them a single Bitcoin and join a potentially endless queue for a product that may or may not arrive in good time.

Its better to have lots of less powerful devices imho, with more flexibility to make up an equal, combined or higher hash rate. It should also be easier to resell the devices if / when down scaling as multiple devices are perhaps less likely to go wrong or to all break down at once than say just one unit.

Why are you wanting to sell yours ?
XPM: AVMUu1fQc7wEUAhva7Gxrz7aZiJZvwvWaD - Primed at ypool: http://ypool.net

PPC: PPBWqKBwwtaSyzqYvLXRX6XviQuvk4y5Vv - Hashing at TheSeven's Pool: http://theseven.bounceme.net/~theseven/pool/

Offline lucasjkr

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 01:25:32 pm »
Why am I selling?

Bought it for $149 way back when. Seeing the price they go for on eBay - can't ask for a better ROI than that. I'm more than happy to jump back to the end of the line in exchange for cash. It's a certainty of return thing.

What's a BTC today? $98? So a block eruptor is $98 for 300 MH and you could probably get it in a week or two? Versus $279 (sorry, got the pricing wrong in first post) to order from BFL. You're at the back of the queue, yes, but they are working through it now. I can't imagine even 1 GH is very profitable at this point (3 block eruptors); certainly won't generate $300 that quick, and even if diff is higher when you got a JalapeƱo, you're still looking at 5 to 5.5 GH rather than 1.

Sorry to be shill sounding. But from the get-to, I didn't understand the appeal of a USB Block Eruptors pricing, except that there was no other option; they are definetly far more cost efficient than GPUs when considering electricity, but that's all. BFL took forever to get to a position to ship obviously because they had to develop their product (without even telling us at first) and certainly didn't have good communication. And if there were other options at the price range they're in, i could understand negative sentiment saying "i won't support them, i'm going to buy from company Y" except there isn't a company Y.

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 06:34:43 pm »
Ok had confirmation email back from yxt and this is definitely going to happen, and it will happen soon so get your BTC ready please!!

This will be the deposit BTC address: 1NuupSeU8gvUPj8Lt8Kvahqt4z7kxNA8Kz

So far it is looking like we will have 10 USB's to order as a minimum, and its a fair old way to guarantee 50 so the price for each device will be: 1.09BTC + shipping

I can offer the reduced shipping rate for Germany to as these can be sent directly to you from supplier at his shipping rate. Please PM me if you would like to take up this option.

I will post a PPC and XPM address as well for the shipping (though i am not 100% sure I can accept XPM but will see what I can do)

Many thanks

FuzzyBear
BTC: 1FvMYwtkrQakoL8Zq1GjfKqTkm2a7TKt6N  |  LTC: LbMPUzwPRkWa5hCJGrEiRCeoYExY6Ujt1D  |  DEV: 1JfbPx4nSGFxfzhTK1h3gHbp1E1BkFbwFW
PPC: PDtcFPhMa9Hc9zTfoRG7zcURCRpcpRdMym  |  TRC: 1FzdruHpffAeW2ZBctDLwR8P4APVpATu2j  |  FRC: 1BADxscUvT42SFXZwXgxEfWVDHkV1QPTEj
NMC: N7q9zg9h4Scfx6R25RTL8LdGxCBQbgq8wz  |

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 05:15:59 am »
I may be adding 3 or 4 more to my order, will hopefully find out sometime tomorrow if this is happening.

Going to open a thread on bitcointalk for it as well and see who heads our way.

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 01:26:38 am »
Ok updated OP with new price per device... 1 BTC per device (0.01 BTC is to cover me for individual unit packaging materials) This is the last week I will take orders for this first GB as I want to be mining more PPC :Dso get in while you can. 

Order will be placed latest Friday 26th July.

Please deposit BTC to this addy: 1NuupSeU8gvUPj8Lt8Kvahqt4z7kxNA8Kz

PPC can be paid to here: PEppWvoAVd27n4fmKbDZCDiuXFQ2k138qP

(please get a quote from me for the XPM price for shipping - PM me)
XPM can be paid here: AbmzRQ829xyb2dWRvHFhkF47uHWYKENFQk

Once you have paid to the addys please PM me the details of your transactions so I can verify you have sent, and the total order number you are buying.  Also I will need your shipping address as well Please.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions or raise any concerns, just want some happy miners :)

FuzzyBear
BTC: 1FvMYwtkrQakoL8Zq1GjfKqTkm2a7TKt6N  |  LTC: LbMPUzwPRkWa5hCJGrEiRCeoYExY6Ujt1D  |  DEV: 1JfbPx4nSGFxfzhTK1h3gHbp1E1BkFbwFW
PPC: PDtcFPhMa9Hc9zTfoRG7zcURCRpcpRdMym  |  TRC: 1FzdruHpffAeW2ZBctDLwR8P4APVpATu2j  |  FRC: 1BADxscUvT42SFXZwXgxEfWVDHkV1QPTEj

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
Re: Group Buy of USB ASIC's miners - 1BTC + P&P (order end 26th July)
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 01:07:27 am »
I'm all paid up for two. Anyone else who wants one at a discounted rate should get in while they still have a chance  ;)

Offline AlexMc

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 05:55:19 am »
Adding my order into the thread to help you keep track.

Username: AlexMc
Max Order: 6
Min Order: 3
Method of payment: BTC

I picked up a Raspberry Pi Starter Kit yesterday which I'm planning on using to run the USB miners.  If it all goes to plan I should have a very compact, power efficient, and cool looking setup once I'm done.

I'll start up a new thread once I get started, in case anyone else is interested.  I'll probably try and get everything completed within the next month.

XPM: AHAvjpJMzyhRF9urRzNDajrCLe6DJ981Zy

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 09:23:06 pm »
bump as we in the LAST WEEK to order these, don't miss out!!

FuzzyBear

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 09:01:24 pm »
received payment from 3 of the confirmed orders of USB miners... just waiting on one more.... if that is received early I may send off payment tomorrow (1day early?? ) or do people want me to wait so they can get BTC together??

FuzzyBear

Offline AlexMc

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2013, 01:41:12 pm »
Sent you payment for my 5 miners, and a PM with shipping details.

Thanks for arranging the group buy!
XPM: AHAvjpJMzyhRF9urRzNDajrCLe6DJ981Zy

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2013, 01:55:38 pm »
Sent you payment for my 5 miners, and a PM with shipping details.

Thanks for arranging the group buy!

Payment received many thanks, and thank you for being involved in this Group Buy.

As soon as I have more details I will post here or PM each buyer individually. 

Many thanks again

FuzzyBear

Offline PPCoinFX

• Totally PPrime Optic!
    • View Profile
    • proxy.primeoptic.net
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2013, 04:40:49 pm »
Payment sent for 5 Block Erupter USB Miners.  :)

How many would we need to order to get a bigger discount on the next group buy, assuming there is one ?

Cheers
XPM: AVMUu1fQc7wEUAhva7Gxrz7aZiJZvwvWaD - Primed at ypool: http://ypool.net

PPC: PPBWqKBwwtaSyzqYvLXRX6XviQuvk4y5Vv - Hashing at TheSeven's Pool: http://theseven.bounceme.net/~theseven/pool/

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 11:15:18 pm »
Order away! I am ready to start mining with them  :D

I would be down for another one in the not so distant future.

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
order has been placed :D

Will update you once I have tracking of shipment etc but all looks good... and I'm pretty sure i'll run another one... rumours of another price drop soon was kinda why i was holding on till today to order, but placed it anyways as not gonna be for a while i think

Fuzzybear