Author Topic: [CLOSED]Group Buy of USB ASIC's miners - 0.6BTC + P&P (Order placed)  (Read 16744 times)

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone,

I am organizing a group buy for the USB Block Eruptors for us here in the PPC community. So get your order in so that you can get the USB miner at the cheapest price through buying together :)

The group buy will be arranged by myself through the user yxt on bitcointalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246020.0 whom I have bought from in the past.  I am not looking to make money here, I am just interested in investing in the miners myself and getting them at the best price possible.  I am also keen to offer people the option to pay in PPC as well, unfortunately I can not afford to offer the miners priced in PPC but I can offer the delivery in PPC to show my support for this coin.

The more devices we order the cheaper the devices become but the breakdown of this group buy will be as follows:

USB Devices must be paid in BTC

Quantity       Price
from 5            1,15 BTC
from 10          1,05 BTC
from 50          0,99 BTC
EDIT: Interest expressed by PPCoinFX would currently indicate price for each device is 1.09 BTC

EDIT: Price for our group buy will be 1.00 BTC per device

Shipping can be paid in BTC or PPC :)

UK Mainland

EU Europe

Rest of world

So far we have the following confirmed orders:

FuzzyBear      - 4 USB   - Paying in BTC - PAID
craslovell        - 2 USB    -Paying in BTC - PAID
PPCoinFX      - 5 USB    -Paying in XPM - PAID
AlexMc       -3 USB      -6 USB     -Paying in BTC - NOT PAID

Turnaround should be very quick with these as well, from date ordered should be no more than week and a half to you receiving them, judging on past experience.  I have mostly all the packaging I will need to ship these on to people in hand right now so there should be minimal delay my end once I receive the devices.

Order will be placed latest Friday 26th July.

Please deposit BTC to this addy: 1NuupSeU8gvUPj8Lt8Kvahqt4z7kxNA8Kz

PPC can be paid to here: PEppWvoAVd27n4fmKbDZCDiuXFQ2k138qP

(please get a quote from me for the XPM price for shipping - PM me)
XPM can be paid here: AbmzRQ829xyb2dWRvHFhkF47uHWYKENFQk

Some people have expressed interest but as they are located in germany it seems crazy for them to have to pay the shipping back and forth... though I am trying to sort out the best deal with yxt for this one, and might be able to get a user in here in germany who is happy to send on the devices from there.  But this is not confirmed and I will have to look into this, but let me know if u are interested in this possibility.

Many thanks

FuzzyBear
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 09:01:56 am by FuzzyBear »
BTC: 1FvMYwtkrQakoL8Zq1GjfKqTkm2a7TKt6N  |  LTC: LbMPUzwPRkWa5hCJGrEiRCeoYExY6Ujt1D  |  DEV: 1JfbPx4nSGFxfzhTK1h3gHbp1E1BkFbwFW
PPC: PDtcFPhMa9Hc9zTfoRG7zcURCRpcpRdMym  |  TRC: 1FzdruHpffAeW2ZBctDLwR8P4APVpATu2j  |  FRC: 1BADxscUvT42SFXZwXgxEfWVDHkV1QPTEj
NMC: N7q9zg9h4Scfx6R25RTL8LdGxCBQbgq8wz  |

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
Re: Group Buy of USB ASIC's miners 337MH
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 01:53:42 pm »
Why 1.5BTC? They cost 0.99BTC if you buy them directly from the distributor...
Here is the distro guy for Europe: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246020.0

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 02:07:49 pm »
1.5btc is the initial max price each device would be, if u order 50+ miners then yes individual unit cost without shipping is 0.99btc and then add 0.22btc for shipping costs per divine to me and then I ship on to everyone from there cost of one Ian is 1.19 plus shipping hence 1.5 btc to ensureall costs are covered, if there is serious interest then price will go down and I speaking to the organizer of the euro group buy to see what the best deal he can do for me but need to gauge interest and get speculative numbers for better pricing, cost will be between 1.25btc and 1.5btc I guess depending on how many get ordered
Hope this clears up any concerns
Fuzzybear
BTC: 1FvMYwtkrQakoL8Zq1GjfKqTkm2a7TKt6N  |  LTC: LbMPUzwPRkWa5hCJGrEiRCeoYExY6Ujt1D  |  DEV: 1JfbPx4nSGFxfzhTK1h3gHbp1E1BkFbwFW
PPC: PDtcFPhMa9Hc9zTfoRG7zcURCRpcpRdMym  |  TRC: 1FzdruHpffAeW2ZBctDLwR8P4APVpATu2j  |  FRC: 1BADxscUvT42SFXZwXgxEfWVDHkV1QPTEj

Offline PPCoinFX

• Totally PPrime Optic!
    • View Profile
    • proxy.primeoptic.net
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 06:03:46 pm »
Hi FuzzyBear,

I'd be interested in obtaining more USB devices. Are you talking to yxt about them ?

I have 5 USB devices currently, ideally I'm looking for 20 (15 more) in total for BTC mining and 10 more for PPC mining, with the possibility of some for resale. Obviously I'm close to Friedcat's min. 50 direct order with those numbers, although I'm looking to scale up gradually as I have available funds.

In other words, I'll probably buy some in 'bulk' myself directly, but I'm happy to make up the numbers for a PPC group buy, if there is interest and I have available funds. UK Shipping.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:05:39 pm by PPCoinFX »
XPM: AVMUu1fQc7wEUAhva7Gxrz7aZiJZvwvWaD - Primed at ypool: http://ypool.net

PPC: PPBWqKBwwtaSyzqYvLXRX6XviQuvk4y5Vv - Hashing at TheSeven's Pool: http://theseven.bounceme.net/~theseven/pool/

Offline MUTO

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 06:36:06 pm »
Hi, is it also possible to purchase bigger devices?

Regards,
Muto

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 11:26:22 pm »
Hi FuzzyBear,

I'd be interested in obtaining more USB devices. Are you talking to yxt about them ?

I have 5 USB devices currently, ideally I'm looking for 20 (15 more) in total for BTC mining and 10 more for PPC mining, with the possibility of some for resale. Obviously I'm close to Friedcat's min. 50 direct order with those numbers, although I'm looking to scale up gradually as I have available funds.

In other words, I'll probably buy some in 'bulk' myself directly, but I'm happy to make up the numbers for a PPC group buy, if there is interest and I have available funds. UK Shipping.

Hey PPCoinFX,

Yes I have bought from him before and am speaking to him again to see what he can do for me :)

Yes you are looking to order a lot :)and I thought i saw somewhere that you can not buy direct from freidcat anymore, but I could be wrong... but if you are in on the group buy then i'm sure by the sounds of a few other people on here we will be able to make up the numbers to put us in the cheapest bracket for the devices from yxt, unless he comes back with even more discount :)

I'll ask yxt about the possibility of any blades for larger hashing power but I don't expect him to be able to provide that as well think they separately handled.

Ok i'll update the initial OP to reflect a better costings etc and what I can offer as a group buy... anyone interested in this please post below:
1) your interest in number of devices
2) your country / continent location

Offline craslovell

• Hashing away, the moments that make up a dull day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 04:42:56 am »
I'm interested, but the shipping cost to the US is looking pretty steep!
PPC: PQKv5dNz9kgWpTSQDwbT3GGnqUghzhZ1mL
XPM: AYLXzB77w48bitdpBdoCjuCGEBzfoMnfnQ
Join the party: www.ppcoin.d7.lt

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 08:08:48 am »
I'm interested, but the shipping cost to the US is looking pretty steep!
Ok I found a cheaper way to ship the devices, won't be parcleforce but still should be within 5 days apparently... updated rest of world shipping

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 03:55:43 am »
What is the target amount we are trying to reach until the order is placed?

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 08:42:05 pm »
Minimum of 50 was what I was kinda hoping we would get but seems less interest past week... suppose i kinda need to advertise more etc, anyways i'll get back on this and we can count up orders and make a spreadsheet and then we can push one last time and then just place order

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 11:33:26 pm »
Minimum of 50 was what I was kinda hoping we would get but seems less interest past week... suppose i kinda need to advertise more etc, anyways i'll get back on this and we can count up orders and make a spreadsheet and then we can push one last time and then just place order

Sound good to me, I am looking to purchase 5 of them. That might be happening sometime this weekend though.

Either way I will contribute to the group buy and get a few more if it comes down to that  :)

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 01:37:18 am »
ok i got my btc together now and am in for 3... maybe 4 if we one short of 50 for example... please can you post how many you would like to buy and I will make a table on the first OP so people can follow.. i will get on this during this week and try to advertise this round other forums and drum up support in here etc, but please if you want to be in this as well see if others are interested in it and lets get these babies ordered :D

Username: Fuzzy Bear   
Max Order: 4
Min Order: 3
Method of payment: BTC

please post like this in the thread and then i can easily keep track of all i need. Many thanks

FuzzyBear
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 01:45:23 am by FuzzyBear »

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 07:15:53 am »
As you wish sir. For now until I figure out my larger order...

Username: craslovell
Max Order: 1
Min Order: 1

Offline PPCoinFX

• Totally PPrime Optic!
    • View Profile
    • proxy.primeoptic.net
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 06:46:00 pm »
Username: PPCoinFX
Max Order: 5 (Maybe 10 to 20)
Min Order: 1
Method of payment: BTC (PPC for Shipping) XPM ? - Got quite a few blocks of those already  ;)

I'm currently a bit unsure of placing a big order than when I first posted, only due to timing, as I may be moving both home and office.

PPC: PPBWqKBwwtaSyzqYvLXRX6XviQuvk4y5Vv - Hashing at TheSeven's Pool: http://theseven.bounceme.net/~theseven/pool/

Offline lucasjkr

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 08:37:10 pm »
Just wondering why buy USB block eruptors at all?

$100 for 334 MH?

$249 for 5.5 GH from Butterfly Labs - they're shipping, but, yes, several months out. But the price differential can't be ignored...

If the reason is simply because Block Eruptors are available quickly and Jalapeno's aren't, if someone here is buying 16-17 Block Eruptors for themselves and willing to spend that much for immediate delivery, I will sell you my Jalapeno for 22 BTC - no wait at all, it'll ship tomorrow. Or, we can transact on eBay (i've got lots of feedback there) so we have eBay and Paypal as intermediaries to protect each of us...

Just putting it out there. More than happy do do whatever is necessary for verification purposes (screen sharing, webcam showing the device itself in operation).

Lemme know. I'm happy to jump back to the end of the line if people are willing to spend that much on mega/gigahashes. Hate to spam this thread, USB Block Eruptors have mystified me for a long time, in that why are people willing to purchase them at all at the current asking prices?

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 04:15:19 am »
Yes I think it's a combo of factors. They're cool/relatively cheap/ready to ship/and use pretty much no power.

Who doesn't want a powered USB hub loaded with these things?!  ;D

And yes, I know for efficiency sake GPUs can't really compare here, but another way to think of it is this:

AMD 7950 - 650ish MH/s = $300

USB Block Erupter - 330ish MH/s = $100

Offline PPCoinFX

• Totally PPrime Optic!
    • View Profile
    • proxy.primeoptic.net
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 12:25:07 pm »
Its also about flexibility. I need to be able to mine multiple SHA-256 coins at the same time, support multiple pools and require varying hash rates to move between them, considering profitability and holding coin stock.

At the current Block Erupter USB crypto-currency price in USD, its easily possible to get a return on investment by purchasing more devices with the coins already generated by them, month on month and also by doing merged mining with them. Not to mention the much lower energy cost savings etc.

Besides, Butterfly Labs do not exactly have the best reputation, why would anyone even choose to send them a single Bitcoin and join a potentially endless queue for a product that may or may not arrive in good time.

Its better to have lots of less powerful devices imho, with more flexibility to make up an equal, combined or higher hash rate. It should also be easier to resell the devices if / when down scaling as multiple devices are perhaps less likely to go wrong or to all break down at once than say just one unit.

Why are you wanting to sell yours ?

Offline lucasjkr

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 01:25:32 pm »
Why am I selling?

Bought it for $149 way back when. Seeing the price they go for on eBay - can't ask for a better ROI than that. I'm more than happy to jump back to the end of the line in exchange for cash. It's a certainty of return thing.

What's a BTC today? $98? So a block eruptor is $98 for 300 MH and you could probably get it in a week or two? Versus $279 (sorry, got the pricing wrong in first post) to order from BFL. You're at the back of the queue, yes, but they are working through it now. I can't imagine even 1 GH is very profitable at this point (3 block eruptors); certainly won't generate $300 that quick, and even if diff is higher when you got a Jalapeño, you're still looking at 5 to 5.5 GH rather than 1.

Sorry to be shill sounding. But from the get-to, I didn't understand the appeal of a USB Block Eruptors pricing, except that there was no other option; they are definetly far more cost efficient than GPUs when considering electricity, but that's all. BFL took forever to get to a position to ship obviously because they had to develop their product (without even telling us at first) and certainly didn't have good communication. And if there were other options at the price range they're in, i could understand negative sentiment saying "i won't support them, i'm going to buy from company Y" except there isn't a company Y.

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 06:34:43 pm »
Ok had confirmation email back from yxt and this is definitely going to happen, and it will happen soon so get your BTC ready please!!

This will be the deposit BTC address: 1NuupSeU8gvUPj8Lt8Kvahqt4z7kxNA8Kz

So far it is looking like we will have 10 USB's to order as a minimum, and its a fair old way to guarantee 50 so the price for each device will be: 1.09BTC + shipping

I can offer the reduced shipping rate for Germany to as these can be sent directly to you from supplier at his shipping rate. Please PM me if you would like to take up this option.

I will post a PPC and XPM address as well for the shipping (though i am not 100% sure I can accept XPM but will see what I can do)

Many thanks

FuzzyBear

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 05:15:59 am »
I may be adding 3 or 4 more to my order, will hopefully find out sometime tomorrow if this is happening.

Going to open a thread on bitcointalk for it as well and see who heads our way.

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 01:26:38 am »
Ok updated OP with new price per device... 1 BTC per device (0.01 BTC is to cover me for individual unit packaging materials) This is the last week I will take orders for this first GB as I want to be mining more PPC :Dso get in while you can. 

Order will be placed latest Friday 26th July.

Please deposit BTC to this addy: 1NuupSeU8gvUPj8Lt8Kvahqt4z7kxNA8Kz

PPC can be paid to here: PEppWvoAVd27n4fmKbDZCDiuXFQ2k138qP

(please get a quote from me for the XPM price for shipping - PM me)
XPM can be paid here: AbmzRQ829xyb2dWRvHFhkF47uHWYKENFQk

Once you have paid to the addys please PM me the details of your transactions so I can verify you have sent, and the total order number you are buying.  Also I will need your shipping address as well Please.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions or raise any concerns, just want some happy miners :)

FuzzyBear

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
Re: Group Buy of USB ASIC's miners - 1BTC + P&P (order end 26th July)
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 01:07:27 am »
I'm all paid up for two. Anyone else who wants one at a discounted rate should get in while they still have a chance  ;)

Offline AlexMc

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 05:55:19 am »
Adding my order into the thread to help you keep track.

Username: AlexMc
Max Order: 6
Min Order: 3

I picked up a Raspberry Pi Starter Kit yesterday which I'm planning on using to run the USB miners.  If it all goes to plan I should have a very compact, power efficient, and cool looking setup once I'm done.

I'll start up a new thread once I get started, in case anyone else is interested.  I'll probably try and get everything completed within the next month.

XPM: AHAvjpJMzyhRF9urRzNDajrCLe6DJ981Zy

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 09:23:06 pm »
bump as we in the LAST WEEK to order these, don't miss out!!

FuzzyBear

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 09:01:24 pm »
received payment from 3 of the confirmed orders of USB miners... just waiting on one more.... if that is received early I may send off payment tomorrow (1day early?? ) or do people want me to wait so they can get BTC together??

FuzzyBear

Offline AlexMc

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2013, 01:41:12 pm »
Sent you payment for my 5 miners, and a PM with shipping details.

Thanks for arranging the group buy!

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2013, 01:55:38 pm »
Sent you payment for my 5 miners, and a PM with shipping details.

Thanks for arranging the group buy!

Payment received many thanks, and thank you for being involved in this Group Buy.

As soon as I have more details I will post here or PM each buyer individually. 

Many thanks again

FuzzyBear

Offline PPCoinFX

• Totally PPrime Optic!
    • View Profile
    • proxy.primeoptic.net
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2013, 04:40:49 pm »
Payment sent for 5 Block Erupter USB Miners.  :)

How many would we need to order to get a bigger discount on the next group buy, assuming there is one ?

Cheers

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 11:15:18 pm »
Order away! I am ready to start mining with them  :D

I would be down for another one in the not so distant future.

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
order has been placed :D

Will update you once I have tracking of shipment etc but all looks good... and I'm pretty sure i'll run another one... rumours of another price drop soon was kinda why i was holding on till today to order, but placed it anyways as not gonna be for a while i think

Fuzzybear

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
Awesome, I can't wait to get them! Need moar hashes

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Awesome, I can't wait to get them! Need moar hashes
Same :)my p2pool that i been working on is almost ready and finds a BTC block every 15 hours now or so... but reward is like 0.012BTC for 1GH 24/7!! and yeah need PPC as well these days !!

FuzzyBear

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Track the usb's http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/set_identcodes.do?lang=en&idc=968530388263

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
Man! We just missed it. They are now 0.6 BTC if you buy through BTC Guild  ::)

Oh well, I'm just glad these are on the way now. I bought two more to go with them as well  8)

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Oh well, I'm just glad these are on the way now. I bought two more to go with them as well  8)

Yeah I was asking yxt if he would be getting this new price soon or what and no responce... but now from the order and looks of things may be able to get some for 0.1 BTC or little more depending on what yxt does, but i'll keep you all posted as at 0.1btc i would take quite a few :P

Fuzzybear

Offline craslovell

• View Profile

Yeah I was asking yxt if he would be getting this new price soon or what and no responce... but now from the order and looks of things may be able to get some for 0.1 BTC or little more depending on what yxt does, but i'll keep you all posted as at 0.1btc i would take quite a few :P

Fuzzybear

That would be awesome, I am definitely interested if that somehow works out  :)

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
I think you can get 1 at 0.1BTC for everyone that you bought at 1BTC ...

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
this was from the supplier:

A discount program for existing customers will come!
The exact price is not fixed yet (definitely below 0.2)
Nor the available number, respectively who exactly is qualified for it

But customers who bought recently, should not have to worry;)

so we should be able to order more at below 0.2btc ... I will let you know how many we can order and what price they will be when confirmed

FuzzyBear

Offline SmanUK

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Damm it, might of been able to do that now lol

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Damm it, might of been able to do that now lol

Don't worry already looking into next Group Buy :)

FuzzyBear

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
Good I'm excited to find out how many we can get at that price. Need moar hashes!!!  :D

Offline AlexMc

• View Profile
I've been keeping track of yxt's thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246020.260

Looks like there won't be any official news about discounted pricing for existing customers, or new pricing in general until 1 August at the earliest.  Might be closer to the 4th.

It does look promising though...

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
1BTC or 0.6BTC USB miners from orders taken already??
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2013, 10:11:44 am »
ok I got this from yxt:

I put your parcel on hold with the price dump over the WE,
and will send you  quantity considering the new price...
hope this is/was in your interest, or you can choose old price and discount prog
which should start next week

Which explains why the USB miners have not shipped yet  :(but least we look to be able to buy at the 0.6btc price it seems....

However I have to ask as not just my BTC in this buy... what do people want to do?? Are you all happy to wait and get the price drop? will most likely mean we won't be able to buy at 0.1btc... but i get the feeling that we could only buy the number we bought at 1btc....

I am happy to wait for the 0.6btc price and I will be topping up my order to round off to a whole number of USB miners.... e.g.
Bought 4 and paid 4btc .... now price 0.6btc... could get 6 for 3.6btc or pay extra 0.2btc and get 7 of them so I will be doing the latter.

I am open to people doing this on their current orders to round up one USB with little more BTC should be no problem....
I am open to asking yxt to push the order through for some peoples USB's at the 1BTC and getting those shipped if u just want the device now, and those that want to wait can wait with me.

Will have to confirm what the situation is on limits of numbers of orders but I can't imagine this will be a problem so if you would like to get in on this GB at this price please post in this thread or PM me

FuzzyBear
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 10:34:06 am by FuzzyBear »

Offline AlexMc

• View Profile
Re: [REOPENED]Group Buy of USB ASIC's miners - 1BTC + P&P (Order is on hold)
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2013, 11:16:55 am »
When I read about the 0.1BTC discount plan for existing orders, I also figured it would only be available for the same number that you had bought at 1BTC, giving you a price of 0.55BTC each. 

Assuming that this is the case, I have a choice of paying an extra 0.5BTC to take my order of 5 up to 10 on the discount plan, or an extra 0.4BTC to top up the 5 to 9 at the new 0.6BTC price.  Getting an extra USB miner for 0.1BTC seems like the better deal. 

Having said that, I'd like to get the miners sooner rather than later.  So if waiting to hear about the discount plan, or taking advantage of it is going to delay shipping by more than a week or so I'd rather just top up my order.  With the cost of international shipping, I don't want to take the miners over two shipments.

Whichever option we end up taking I think we've been very lucky with the timing.  I'm sure those who have bought recently, but don't qualify for the discount plan will be cursing their bad luck.

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2013, 11:58:26 am »
When I read about the 0.1BTC discount plan for existing orders, I also figured it would only be available for the same number that you had bought at 1BTC, giving you a price of 0.55BTC each. 

Assuming that this is the case, I have a choice of paying an extra 0.5BTC to take my order of 5 up to 10 on the discount plan, or an extra 0.4BTC to top up the 5 to 9 at the new 0.6BTC price.  Getting an extra USB miner for 0.1BTC seems like the better deal. 

Having said that, I'd like to get the miners sooner rather than later.  So if waiting to hear about the discount plan, or taking advantage of it is going to delay shipping by more than a week or so I'd rather just top up my order.  With the cost of international shipping, I don't want to take the miners over two shipments.

Whichever option we end up taking I think we've been very lucky with the timing.  I'm sure those who have bought recently, but don't qualify for the discount plan will be cursing their bad luck.

It looks like a min of 0.16btc for the people who bought at 1btc price from yxt so i don't think there will be any saving really.. and yeah I think we have been very fortunate on the price and timing.

I want to get the miners asap as well hence y i wanted to clear this all with everyone before the weekend so I can just tell yxt what we are after and send any necessary btc to him to top up the order.

yeah I was in the very first GB.... paid 2.6btc i think it was for one!! and it only probably mined 0.3btc at most i'd say 24/7 since being in my possession... but the free electricity comes in handy here to make up my losses :Pjust don't want the difficulty to rise too much over next 3 months but that not gonna happen :P

FuzzyBear

Offline AlexMc

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2013, 03:16:59 pm »
If you are going to get the order in by the weekend, and everyone else is keen, then I'm happy to take my order up to 9 units and send you the extra 0.4BTC.  Just confirm if I should send to the same address as the original payment.

My Anker USB hub should be arriving in the next day or two and I think it supports 9 USB devices, how convenient!

I take it your mooring fees include all your electricity.  Datacenter Ahoy!

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2013, 03:54:34 pm »
If you are going to get the order in by the weekend, and everyone else is keen, then I'm happy to take my order up to 9 units and send you the extra 0.4BTC.  Just confirm if I should send to the same address as the original payment.

My Anker USB hub should be arriving in the next day or two and I think it supports 9 USB devices, how convenient!

Just sent you a PM with new deposit addy so please send to that address and yes happy to up your order to 9 no worries :)convenient on the ankerUSB hub :)u have a link to the exact one u bought?? good for reference as i may get carried away one day needing more USB ports :Pand for others

well technically no the electricity not included with mooring fees... i just on a special electricity hookup point and it doesn't work properly... as in does give me electricity but does not count down the amount loaded on the meter.. so best of both worlds :)is why I have been able to run 6 PC pretty much for over a year now :Pso yeah my own mini datacenter :P  Trying to get BTC to pay for my full wind and solar turbines and battery bank so I will have guaranteed free electricity for the rest of my life.... and it has paid for the invertors and one battery so far :)need about £3000 for the full setup though.. but after that i could run air-con 24/7 and the PC's 24/7 so long as the sun was shining or the wind was blowing :)but till then.... shhhhhhhhhh cos the marina don't know!! and i only on a temporary berth so will be moved eventually :(

FuzzyBear

oh also only having internet on a USB dongle kinda limits me to :(no static ip :(and 500KB bout the best DL speed i get

edit: hmmm sorry seem to have gone emoticon mad... my bad!!

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2013, 07:03:33 pm »

Ok we ready to order ...and I'm keen to order NOW!!

I got u down for 9 devices then and u owe an extra 0.4btc  (i got enough to cover this on the order so i'm placing now and please just send the btc to me once u see this)

Don't worry if you want to order more .... or less ... i can sort either for you, just PM me and i'm sure we can work out what best :)

FuzzyBear

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
ORDER PLACED
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2013, 08:59:54 pm »
I have placed the order  8)

Offline AlexMc

• View Profile
Re: [CLOSED]Group Buy of USB ASIC's miners - 0.6BTC + P&P (Order placed)
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2013, 08:03:49 am »
I've transferred the extra 0.4BTC and sent you a PM with the Transaction ID.

The USB hub I've ordered to run the miners is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Release-Anker%C2%AE-Uspeed-Charging-Adapter/dp/B005NGQWL2

Although the hub appears to have 10 ports, only 9 of them are linked up to comms.  The one at the bottom is only for power, but it supplies up to 2.1A, so I may be able to power my Raspberry Pi off it.  Alternatively I may use it for a USB fan as I understand the USB ASIC miners can get rather hot.

I'm still waiting to receive the USB hubs, as the forwarding company (MyUS) didn't provide a commercial invoice with an invoice number, and now they're stuck at customs  >:(

Once I do get the hub, and the miners I'll let you know how they work together.

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2013, 08:56:35 am »
Fuzzy can you confirm you got the extra 1BTC I sent you?

I'm building them up slowly! After this orders arrives I will have at least 8 of them hashing away  8)

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2013, 09:31:11 am »
Fuzzy can you confirm you got the extra 1BTC I sent you?

I'm building them up slowly! After this orders arrives I will have at least 8 of them hashing away  8)

Sorry thought I had confirmed, yes 1btc extra received from you and you are down for 5 in total.

FuzzyBear

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2013, 07:04:24 pm »
So the package we can track from the page before... does that include the extra miners we ordered or just the original ones before the price drop?

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2013, 09:39:17 pm »
So the package we can track from the page before... does that include the extra miners we ordered or just the original ones before the price drop?

Yes same tracking as one before and that is all of them :)

Soooooo Yes you would be right in thinking that they have arrived!! :D(oh they are all black btw)

I will be shipping them out to you tomorrow (when the post office opens), for international orders I am sending it signed for postage, and the package will be insured for £250 worth... so you will need to sign for the delivery, if this will be an issue let me know and I can just send via normal post

Expected delivery time is 4-5 days for the international orders, PPCoinFX I am sending you a PM as well as you have not provided me a delivery addy yet so please let me know asap

FuzzyBear
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 09:41:51 pm by FuzzyBear »

Offline craslovell

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2013, 11:06:55 pm »
Regular postage works fine for me, no signature necessary. Saves you a little money and saves me a trip to the post office after work  :)

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2013, 01:33:43 pm »
All packages have been sent and are in the mail making their way to your hungry USB hubs :)

Thank you again all those who took part in the GB i am PMing u details for ur postage

Fuzzybear

Offline AlexMc

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2013, 03:17:49 pm »
(oh they are all black btw)

:(Da Red Wunz go Fasta

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2013, 04:56:16 pm »

yeah i heard that the golden ones can mine Nuggets as well and have a higher % chance of hitting the Vlad Golden Blocks... least the black ones are immune to being sucked into black holes... Sorry I just realised I should have send some magic markers with the miners... then you could have painted go faster lightning stripes on them... gets an extra 4GH out of each one... ok enough trolling my own thread!!

Do please let me know when they have arrived :D

FuzzyBear

Offline PPCoinFX

• Totally PPrime Optic!
    • View Profile
    • proxy.primeoptic.net
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2013, 10:41:14 pm »

My 8 USB Block Erupters arrived today. Thank you very much FuzzyBear (yxt and Friedcat aswell ofc)  ;)

Looking forward to the next group buy!

https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Model_T

... However, it was a monolithic bloc; Ford wrote in his autobiography that in 1909 he told his management team that in the future “Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black” ...  ;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:44:28 pm by PPCoinFX »