Author Topic: [Round 2]Group Buy of USB / BLADES ASIC's miners - 0.289BTC / 5.5BTC + P&P  (Read 1299 times)

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone,

I am organizing another group buy for the USB Block Eruptors for us here in the PPC community. So get your order in so that you can get the USB miner at the cheapest price through buying together :)

The group buy will be arranged by myself through the user yxt on bitcointalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246020.0 whom I have bought from in the past.  I am not looking to make money here, I am just interested in investing in the miners myself and getting them at the best price possible.  I am also keen to offer people the option to pay in PPC as well, unfortunately I can not afford to offer the miners priced in PPC but I can offer the delivery in PPC to show my support for this coin.

The more devices we order the cheaper the devices become but the breakdown of this group buy will be as follows:

USB Devices must be paid in BTC

Quantity       Price
1-6           0,289BTC
7-25                   0,25 BTC
26-99                 0,219 BTC

Also there are BLADES available:

Quantity       Price
1-6               5.5 BTC
7-25                   4.895 BTC

Code: [Select]
Hashrate: baseline 10GHash/s, rated 10.752GHash/s, maximum 12.829GHash/s with overclocking and proper cooling
  Power Consumption: 70-75W on 1.03-1.05V, 83W on 1.1V, 100W on 1.2V, 120W on 1.2V and overclocking
  Hasher size: 233mm x 116mm with a 227mm x 100mm x 19mm heat sink attached to its back
  Power module size: 192mm x 89mm
  Ethernet controller size: 86mm x 40mm 
Shipping can be paid in BTC or PPC :)

UK Mainland

EU Europe

Rest of world

So far we have the following confirmed orders:

FuzzyBear      - 0 USB   -1 Blade - Paying in BTC - PAID

Turnaround should be very quick with these as well, from date ordered should be no more than week and a half to you receiving them, judging on past experience.  I have mostly all the packaging I will need to ship these on to people in hand right now so there should be minimal delay my end once I receive the devices.

Order will be placed latest Monday 30th September.

Please deposit BTC to this addy: 1MD1HWPsNzAvpqetaf95gHBNaUu8X1kDN2

PPC can be paid to here: PEppWvoAVd27n4fmKbDZCDiuXFQ2k138qP

(please get a quote from me for the XPM price for shipping - PM me)
XPM can be paid here: AbmzRQ829xyb2dWRvHFhkF47uHWYKENFQk

Many thanks

FuzzyBear
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 10:16:59 am by FuzzyBear »
BTC: 1FvMYwtkrQakoL8Zq1GjfKqTkm2a7TKt6N  |  LTC: LbMPUzwPRkWa5hCJGrEiRCeoYExY6Ujt1D  |  DEV: 1JfbPx4nSGFxfzhTK1h3gHbp1E1BkFbwFW
PPC: PDtcFPhMa9Hc9zTfoRG7zcURCRpcpRdMym  |  TRC: 1FzdruHpffAeW2ZBctDLwR8P4APVpATu2j  |  FRC: 1BADxscUvT42SFXZwXgxEfWVDHkV1QPTEj
NMC: N7q9zg9h4Scfx6R25RTL8LdGxCBQbgq8wz  |

Offline DeWizLoc

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: [Round 2]Group Buy of USB / BLADES ASIC's miners - 0.289BTC / 5.5BTC + P&P
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 06:44:58 pm »
Man those blades are super tempting. Sadly I spent all but 2.3BTC I had about a week ago. Maybe if I get lucky and have an excellent week of mining or happen into an extra side project Ill join in on this.

Offline MUTO

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 11:19:05 pm »
Hi Fuzzy, can you please give more informations about the blades? How are they connected? Standalone with just an RJ45? Is the power converter included? Do you have a picture?

Since you have 0,83 BTC per GH for the USB Devices and 0,55 BTC per GH for the Blade it is very interesting.

Cheers,
Muto
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 06:59:51 am by MUTO »

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 02:27:28 pm »
OK I have an interesting opportunity I would like to put forward to see if people are interested...

Instead of buying from ASICMiner devices, I have someone interested in selling me a pre-order placement on BFL SC 60GH from 11th November 2012 order date for 12 BTC

I would like to offer this as an opportunity for people to buy in for part ownership of the device if there is enough interest?

How this would work is I would host the device for free as it costs me nothing to run many thanks to free electricity :)
therefore 1BTC would buy you 5GH of mining power !! But it would realistically probably be 2 months before I get the device.

I would mine a mix of BTC and PPC and pay out to people as per the % of their ownership. 
I will do this until the ROI on the device is at 120% upon which point the device ownership will solely become mine. 
If the device fails to arrive in a suitable timeframe to mine a return on investment I can offer a buy out clause where I will buy back your investment in this device at the same rate you bought in at. 

So say you invest 1BTC ... you could expect to have 1.2BTC returned to you in 6 months, or have your 1BTC back after say 2 months

I'm interested in spreading my risks a little hence why I am offering this now, but have safety nets so if the whole thing falls flat on its face I can still pay people out of my own pocket if needs be but hopefully it should be a good investment for everyone involved if the device arrives in a timely manner :)

But what are people's thoughts?

FuzzyBear
BTC: 1FvMYwtkrQakoL8Zq1GjfKqTkm2a7TKt6N  |  LTC: LbMPUzwPRkWa5hCJGrEiRCeoYExY6Ujt1D  |  DEV: 1JfbPx4nSGFxfzhTK1h3gHbp1E1BkFbwFW
PPC: PDtcFPhMa9Hc9zTfoRG7zcURCRpcpRdMym  |  TRC: 1FzdruHpffAeW2ZBctDLwR8P4APVpATu2j  |  FRC: 1BADxscUvT42SFXZwXgxEfWVDHkV1QPTEj

Offline JBT

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 09:10:09 am »

Rest of world

would this priority shipping or snail shipping?

Offline AlexMc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 09:57:18 am »
OK I have an interesting opportunity I would like to put forward to see if people are interested...

Instead of buying from ASICMiner devices, I have someone interested in selling me a pre-order placement on BFL SC 60GH from 11th November 2012 order date for 12 BTC

I would like to offer this as an opportunity for people to buy in for part ownership of the device if there is enough interest?

How this would work is I would host the device for free as it costs me nothing to run many thanks to free electricity :)
therefore 1BTC would buy you 5GH of mining power !! But it would realistically probably be 2 months before I get the device.

I would mine a mix of BTC and PPC and pay out to people as per the % of their ownership. 
I will do this until the ROI on the device is at 120% upon which point the device ownership will solely become mine. 
If the device fails to arrive in a suitable timeframe to mine a return on investment I can offer a buy out clause where I will buy back your investment in this device at the same rate you bought in at. 

So say you invest 1BTC ... you could expect to have 1.2BTC returned to you in 6 months, or have your 1BTC back after say 2 months

I'm interested in spreading my risks a little hence why I am offering this now, but have safety nets so if the whole thing falls flat on its face I can still pay people out of my own pocket if needs be but hopefully it should be a good investment for everyone involved if the device arrives in a timely manner :)

FuzzyBear

According to The Genesis Block mining calculator (http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/) you would need to start mining with it by October to make any profit.  Even a start date a month later will result in a loss.  With BFLs less than stellar record for shipping orders on time this may be an issue.  This is of course based on mining Bitcoins, and not the BTC/PPC mix that you're planning.  It's also based on the value of Bitcoin remaining static.  Still, some food for thought.
XPM: AHAvjpJMzyhRF9urRzNDajrCLe6DJ981Zy

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 10:00:47 am »

Rest of world

would this priority shipping or snail shipping?
This is signed for Royal Mail delivery... it took about 5 working days foir delivery to USA, delivery to South Africa took longer as got held by local delivery... cost of shipping DHL Express would cost about 0.5BTC which was just too expensive.. but I could offer that as well I guess if u wanted

FuzzyBear

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 10:23:50 am »

FuzzyBear

According to The Genesis Block mining calculator (http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/) you would need to start mining with it by October to make any profit.  Even a start date a month later will result in a loss.  With BFLs less than stellar record for shipping orders on time this may be an issue.  This is of course based on mining Bitcoins, and not the BTC/PPC mix that you're planning.  It's also based on the value of Bitcoin remaining static.  Still, some food for thought.

Yeah with that site it is all about the unknown value to put in for "Difficulty Increase / Month"
As default it is 77% .... which I don't know your thoughts on it but agreed there could be a sudden jump with a few big companies coming online like ASICMiner did.. and BFL shipping more etc... when will KNCMiner actually deliver product? Avalon shipping more etc?

difficulty increase as it has been for last few adjustments of 25% show the device returning profit even when recieved in November... takes 4 months to return profit at 50% increase...

so agreed lots going on but I think they will all run into their own issues as BFL have... but I know there were fewer orders placed between sept-december 2012 so i expect to see BFL ship the device fairly soon after

food for thought and wanted to see peoples reactions / interest etc so ty for your input :)

Offline JBT

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 03:32:16 pm »
looks like 5 erupter will never break even http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/d88b1e8ebe

Offline crazyearner

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
    • CrazycoinTalk
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 05:02:18 pm »
Fuzzy can you give detials for the blades if their for the new design ones as they have re done them?
New Website For The Masses All Alt Crypto Coins Welcome

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 05:11:36 pm »
Fuzzy can you give detials for the blades if their for the new design ones as they have re done them?
Blades are the OLD types that can be manually overclocked... the new ones can not s far as i am aware... chances are though yxt will have both in stock by the time we ready to order

Fuzzybear

Offline teddyb797

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 09:51:27 pm »
fuzzy, if i want to buy 3 blades, how much do i have to send to you? 16.5 plus shipping or 14.865 plus shipping?

can i run 3 blades on one pc? will they come ready to run or do i have to buy extra cables an such?

sorry, never mind.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:05:27 am by teddyb797 »

Offline AlexMc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 08:09:26 pm »
delivery to South Africa took longer as got held by local delivery...

My order landed in South Africa in about 5 days too, sadly they never sent me a notification to pick up the package from the post office.  It was only thanks to FuzzyBear's investigating prowess that I got the name of the post office they were waiting at.  I phoned them to confirm the package was there and had them plugged into my Anker hub and flashing away a little over an hour later.

I'd definitely participate in a group buy again.  FuzzyBear went out of his way to get my USB miners to me.  Thanks!!

Offline AlexMc

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 08:16:11 pm »

Found this info from Friedcat about the new 10GH/s Block Erupter Blades

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=286486.msg3065505

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 10:26:31 pm by FuzzyBear »

Offline AlexMc

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 06:29:13 am »
I just saw this post regarding reduced pricing for the USB miners for previous buyers.  My understanding of the post is that we should be able to buy them at 0.12BTC each for as many as we like as the 1:1 coupon limitation has been removed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291112.msg3114827

I'm guessing that yxt could give FuzzyBear the details, but it looks hopeful.