Author Topic: [Stratum][ESMPPS][PPLNS] TheSeven's PPCoin Pool - Official thread  (Read 19285 times)

Offline TheSeven

• View Profile
Re: New experimental stratum pool
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 09:32:48 pm »
I did some works to improve the hashrate graph and fix some quirks today. Sorry for two brief downtimes, I hope it will be rock solid now, except for the daily IP address change :/

I plan to get some proper hosting for this in the long run, but only if the pool really takes off. Right now the hashrate is still a bit too low. The pool still hasn't found a block so far, but it was damn close! Best share so far (found today) was difficulty 281632.9!

Offline Fixx

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 10:07:07 pm »
Tell me please, can I install the STRATUM on pool that uses a template mmcFE and pushpool?

Offline BDMNZ

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 09:26:26 am »
Hey guys,

Does being located at the backend of the Internet (NZ) make my participation in a pool difficult? Does a pool rate peers based on Latency like online gaming server/platforms do?

Thanks, BDMNZ.
Ripple: r9MteQxGLQBbFEjgns4J6gE7m3LkMjGxg1

Offline TheSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 03:33:44 pm »
Tell me please, can I install the STRATUM on pool that uses a template mmcFE and pushpool?

Sorry, I don't really understand what you're asking about. As far as I know pushpool doesn't support stratum.

Offline TheSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 03:36:49 pm »
Hey guys,

Does being located at the backend of the Internet (NZ) make my participation in a pool difficult? Does a pool rate peers based on Latency like online gaming server/platforms do?

Thanks, BDMNZ.

Kind of. The pool doesn't really "rate" anything, but if you have a higher latency, you'll accept new work later and thus work on stale work longer, producing more stale shares.
For blockchains with a 10 minute block interval (such as ppcoin and bitcoin) the effect of that should be pretty much negligible though. You would lose about 0.1% of rewards per 600 milliseconds of latency.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 05:49:34 pm by TheSeven »

Offline camel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 07:19:27 pm »
I have yet to see a new block on the network broadcast in my mining client. (cgminer 2.10.2)  Why?  I assume other pools/miners are finding PPC blocks.

Offline TheSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 06:14:53 pm »
I have yet to see a new block on the network broadcast in my mining client. (cgminer 2.10.2)  Why?  I assume other pools/miners are finding PPC blocks.

Hm, I'll have to look into that. Do you happen to know how cgminer determines that a new block was broadcast on the network?
My mining rig (running MPBM) has seen ~900-ish new blocks since I last restarted it, so that seems to work fine.

Offline camel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 07:41:31 pm »
Hm, I'll have to look into that. Do you happen to know how cgminer determines that a new block was broadcast on the network?
My mining rig (running MPBM) has seen ~900-ish new blocks since I last restarted it, so that seems to work fine.

I don't really know.  When mining solo, I can see when new blocks are found on the network.  When mining at Coinotron, it appears that new blocks are announced via longpoll.
cgminer's author, ckolivas (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=19971) has always seemed very helpful.  Maybe you could send him a PM for more technical insight into this?

Offline TheSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 07:54:09 pm »

I don't really know.  When mining solo, I can see when new blocks are found on the network.  When mining at Coinotron, it appears that new blocks are announced via longpoll.
cgminer's author, ckolivas (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=19971) has always seemed very helpful.  Maybe you could send him a PM for more technical insight into this?

Did that behavior change to reporting vast amounts of blocks during the last hour? I did some change to the pool server to test this...

Offline camel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 08:00:32 pm »
I am not connected currently.  Let me switch over and check it out...

Offline camel

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 08:08:01 pm »
2013-05-16  15:00:55  Statum from pool 2 detected new block
2013-05-16  15:07:01  Statum from pool 2 detected new block     8)

Offline TheSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2013, 07:19:35 pm »
camel, looks like you found a block just a few minutes ago! :)
Please note that it will take slightly more than 12 confirmations for the first few blocks to be paid out, because I will be manually verifying the payments, just to make sure that the payment system works right...

Offline TheSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2013, 10:11:41 pm »
Please note that it will take slightly more than 12 confirmations for the first few blocks to be paid out, because I will be manually verifying the payments, just to make sure that the payment system works right...

The first payouts have been sent!
Sorry if the payments don't match the estimated amounts that were shown on the page, I had to fix some display bugs. The paid amounts are correct though.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:22:55 pm by TheSeven »

Offline camel

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2013, 10:27:24 pm »

The first payouts have been sent!
Awesome!  Payout received!

~24-hour stats:
cgminer 2.10.2
Catalyst 12.8

Worker 1 (HD 7970)
avg. speed: 647.2 Mh/s
queried: 3184
accepted: 7554
rejected: 69
efficiency: 237%
best share: 239,000
5.4 shares/minute

Worker 2 (HD 7950)
avg. speed: 525.5 Mh/s
queried: 3131
accepted: 7479
rejected: 45
efficiency: 239%
best share: 402,000
5.4 shares/minute

Offline TheSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2013, 11:49:50 am »
I'm going to rework the hashrate tracking of the pool today, to make that react quicker and display more accurate estimates.
So please don't worry if the statistics are broken or showing nonsense values while I'm working on it.