[x-posted from reddit.com/r/primecoin]
Since CoinDesk asked the question about Satoshi's face being included on physical Bitcoins - I started thinking of how to best recognize individuals who have made an “indisputable contribution” to primes and abstract mathematics.
There are too many individuals to recognize them all, so I've started a list below. Chime in and comment if I've missed anyone obvious, or suggest remixes of the denominations...
* 2 XPM : Christoph Clavius
* 3 XPM : Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz
* 5 XPM : Leonhard Euler
* 7 XPM : Eratosthenes
* 11 XPM : Pierre de Fermat
* 13 XPM : Marin Mersenne
* 17 XPM : Joseph Louis François Bertrand
* 19 XPM : Marie-Sophie Germain
* 23 XPM : Joseph-Louis Lagrange
* 29 XPM : A.O.L Atkin
* 31 XPM : Daniel J. Bernstein
* 37 XPM : Daniel Goldston
* 41 XPM : János Pintz
* 43 XPM : Cem Yalçın Yıldırım
* 47 XPM : Henri Lifchitz
In each case I've relied on Wikipedia/Google to check that a likeness of each individual is available.
Much like Satoshi, I can't find a likeness of Sunny King, but he may step forward one day
(Unless Sunny King is Satoshi's new pseudonym in which case we will never know)