Author Topic: networkless mining  (Read 7396 times)

Offline arisg

• View Profile
networkless mining
« on: April 15, 2013, 03:31:22 pm »
Is it possible to mine without sending network data and then transfer the mining data once to some other pc and connect?

I wanna mine in my works pc but evade the network analysis protocols they have :)

thanks!

Offline jefflarkin

• View Profile
Re: networkless mining
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 09:52:03 pm »
I'm not saying this is a good idea or worth risking your job over it, but if you want to hide this network activity, you might try setting up an SSH tunnel to your home machine and piping all of the miner's network activity through that. They'll be able to detect that you're sending data to your home machine and may ask why, but they won't actually be able to read it directly.
PPC: P8bRc4uVCFjatXZrQk35LUudkWt51uzLMu
BTC: 1B9HQV7xR1hmSgnoi8QdzAx2rDd6Tih3rk
LTC: Lbaw7mA41KLxb6GveZD5XVQuLzAzgoxxFf
Bytecoin: 8XvaBQkhaF4xyuvUwAobZtKibjFAEuQjCB

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 04:59:27 pm »
I'm not saying this is a good idea or worth risking your job over it, but if you want to hide this network activity, you might try setting up an SSH tunnel to your home machine and piping all of the miner's network activity through that. They'll be able to detect that you're sending data to your home machine and may ask why, but they won't actually be able to read it directly.

Haha this is great :)

Yup can't express enough that it not worth loosing a job over but this is sound advice round some issues :)
BTC: 1FvMYwtkrQakoL8Zq1GjfKqTkm2a7TKt6N  |  LTC: LbMPUzwPRkWa5hCJGrEiRCeoYExY6Ujt1D  |  DEV: 1JfbPx4nSGFxfzhTK1h3gHbp1E1BkFbwFW
PPC: PDtcFPhMa9Hc9zTfoRG7zcURCRpcpRdMym  |  TRC: 1FzdruHpffAeW2ZBctDLwR8P4APVpATu2j  |  FRC: 1BADxscUvT42SFXZwXgxEfWVDHkV1QPTEj
NMC: N7q9zg9h4Scfx6R25RTL8LdGxCBQbgq8wz  |

Offline Kardon74

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 11:35:41 pm »
Some places of business scan for .exe on the computer, running or not. And some block outgoing java, such as bitminter. And this may damper your plan, even with SSH tunnel.

Offline WEi Bammka 9

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 01:17:58 am »
May I add: some places have in the work contract that "doubleworking" is forbidden, so using your company equipment for personal profit would need an expressive permission.
Feed the troll or be eaten alive!  PPC: PBmHPDsKSPymtEzpe4zyg3V8WEiBammka9

Offline jefflarkin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 11:41:56 pm »
May I add: some places have in the work contract that "doubleworking" is forbidden, so using your company equipment for personal profit would need an expressive permission.

Ding, ding, ding! (Points to nose)

It's just not worth risking a job.
PPC: P8bRc4uVCFjatXZrQk35LUudkWt51uzLMu
BTC: 1B9HQV7xR1hmSgnoi8QdzAx2rDd6Tih3rk
LTC: Lbaw7mA41KLxb6GveZD5XVQuLzAzgoxxFf
Bytecoin: 8XvaBQkhaF4xyuvUwAobZtKibjFAEuQjCB