Author Topic: [UPDATED] Guide to mining on the cloud! ($0.0007 per hour, average 150 PPS)  (Read 1947 times)

Offline XPMiner

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
You can also get away with compiling the source code in the smaller single CPU droplet if you create a swapfile
Code: [Select]
dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=64M count=16
mkswap /swapfile
swapon /swapfile
Thanks again! Updated OP. What's your XPM address? you deserve a tip! Btw, did you sign up as a result of my guide or did you already know about this?

Offline n01d3x

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Ok, so I have got my droplet set up and running. I can see the mininginfo, but how will I know when I find a block?

Offline UnknownK

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
According to you I signed up for a digital ocean account. But while entering the card details I didn't notice any place where I can enter the promo code. They actually charged my original creditcard until I deactivated the account. please help me out here.

Offline XPMiner

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Ok, so I have got my droplet set up and running. I can see the mininginfo, but how will I know when I find a block?
You can setup a main wallet to run on your main computer. Import the private keys from your droplet. Instructions are in OP. However you have to have mined blocks before you know what addresses you normally mine into.

Offline XPMiner

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
According to you I signed up for a digital ocean account. But while entering the card details I didn't notice any place where I can enter the promo code. They actually charged my original creditcard until I deactivated the account. please help me out here.
Just send in a support ticket, they will credit you $10.

Offline craslovell

• Hashing away, the moments that make up a dull day
    • View Profile
It looks like if you accept a smaller code in the promo box, it won't let you change it. You actually have to delete browser cache for the box to be available again, otherwise they hide it.

tricky tricky
PPC: PQKv5dNz9kgWpTSQDwbT3GGnqUghzhZ1mL
XPM: AYLXzB77w48bitdpBdoCjuCGEBzfoMnfnQ
Join the party: www.ppcoin.d7.lt

Offline ivanlabrie

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
You can setup a main wallet to run on your main computer. Import the private keys from your droplet. Instructions are in OP. However you have to have mined blocks before you know what addresses you normally mine into.

Hmmm, do you need to do anything else to get the mined blocks in your main wallet? I imported yet I had a block I wasn't aware of in one of my vps instances.

Offline XPMiner

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile

Hmmm, do you need to do anything else to get the mined blocks in your main wallet? I imported yet I had a block I wasn't aware of in one of my vps instances.

Yes, you have to check your VPS once in a while because new blocks may be mined into addresses that you haven't seen before. Right now there are 6-7 different addresses I'm mining into using a single wallet.

Offline ivanlabrie

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Damn! I lost a lot of xpm then... :(