Author Topic: "offline" Mining  (Read 512 times)

Offline MUTO

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
"offline" Mining
« on: July 08, 2013, 12:36:40 pm »
Hi guys,

I want to mine with a machine A which is not directly connected to the internet. But it does have an LAN connection to a machine B, which is connected to the internet.

Internet---------Machine B------------MachineA

Is it possible to connect the buildin miner of machine A to the Wallet of machine B? I don't want to install routing software on machine B.

I already created a primecoin conf on Machine B

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
gen=1
server=1
daemon=1
rpcallowip=*

How Do I tell machine A to connect to Machine b?

I hope it´s clear, what is my problem ;)

cheers,
Muto

Update:
Got mining working! just added connect=<IP of machine B> to the primecoin.conf. Now the wallet is connected to the primecoin network with 1 connection. But I´m still interested in getting my "private pool" here and connecting several machines to mine with one wallet. This would make it unnecessary to send the coins to my main wallet after getting mined. Wondering if this is possible?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 01:41:13 pm by MUTO »

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "offline" Mining
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 04:07:11 pm »
as the miner is inbuild to the qt u prob can't do this atm... otherwise u would point ur mining at ip (url) 192.168.1.1 or something similar depending which machine running the client.... tbh would be easier to setup network between the computers and try that way, or just hook up internet for the pc without it!!
BTC: 1FvMYwtkrQakoL8Zq1GjfKqTkm2a7TKt6N  |  LTC: LbMPUzwPRkWa5hCJGrEiRCeoYExY6Ujt1D  |  DEV: 1JfbPx4nSGFxfzhTK1h3gHbp1E1BkFbwFW
PPC: PDtcFPhMa9Hc9zTfoRG7zcURCRpcpRdMym  |  TRC: 1FzdruHpffAeW2ZBctDLwR8P4APVpATu2j  |  FRC: 1BADxscUvT42SFXZwXgxEfWVDHkV1QPTEj
NMC: N7q9zg9h4Scfx6R25RTL8LdGxCBQbgq8wz  |

Offline MUTO

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: "offline" Mining
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 08:05:54 pm »
Thx for clarifying that. So I will mine as descriped above( in the update), till ther is a dedicated CPU-miner.