Author Topic: Crowdmine PPCoin Pool - Beta Testers Wanted  (Read 7651 times)

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
Re: Crowdmine PPCoin Pool - Beta Testers Wanted
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 03:26:25 pm »
i request that we find our first block soon please :Pthough may be here a while with the current hashrate :/

FuzzyBear
You got it. I will have that done by the end of the weekend.

Offline robotrebellion

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 03:28:47 pm »
Hear, hear! :D
Thanks everyone for all of the great support and constructive feedback so far!

Offline robotrebellion

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 01:17:20 am »
Based on feedback and some discussion, we've decided to change the fee structure and # of confirmations. The fee will now be 1.5%, which is competitive with other PPC pools. In addition, 0.5 of that will go to the block finder. The number of confirmations will now be 520.

Offline crazyearner

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
    • CrazycoinTalk
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 05:10:45 am »
hopping back on :)had few ups n downs lately but sorted them out
New Website For The Masses All Alt Crypto Coins Welcome

Offline alnoor1231

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 09:51:19 pm »
Mined on this pool for bout 2 days and nothin..... Best of luck ppl.

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 05:34:41 pm »
Can we get a status update on the pool? It now shows 1 block found but no rewards were assigned per submitted shares. Has all this been worked out? And what is the block number that the pool found?

Offline wind0wlicker

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 08:02:25 pm »
Hey guys, I wanted to introduce myself.  I am another person that is working on this project with robotrebellion.  First off let me say thank you for helping us beta test and find find potential issues.  Without community help, we can't make this a success to help the community.

So here's the update and our status:  We identified a key issue that prevented found blocks from being submitted to the network. As we wrote a significant portion from scratch, this is exactly the sort of things we needed some hashing power to detect.  We diligently worked at identifying the cause, and correcting it properly.  We have everything working and submitting properly now, and because we want you to be confident that we are approaching this project professionally, we've credited your accounts using PPLNS for one block's worth of PPC out of pocket. Those owed bonuses (block round bonus, and the beta first-round bonus) have also been credited."

As I noted before, we are really wanting to make this project available for the benefit of the ppcoin community and we appreciate your patience and help in seeing this through to success.

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 09:21:01 pm »
Hey guys, I wanted to introduce myself.  I am another person that is working on this project with robotrebellion.  First off let me say thank you for helping us beta test and find find potential issues.  Without community help, we can't make this a success to help the community.

So here's the update and our status:  We identified a key issue that prevented found blocks from being submitted to the network. As we wrote a significant portion from scratch, this is exactly the sort of things we needed some hashing power to detect.  We diligently worked at identifying the cause, and correcting it properly.  We have everything working and submitting properly now, and because we want you to be confident that we are approaching this project professionally, we've credited your accounts using PPLNS for one block's worth of PPC out of pocket. Those owed bonuses (block round bonus, and the beta first-round bonus) have also been credited."

As I noted before, we are really wanting to make this project available for the benefit of the ppcoin community and we appreciate your patience and help in seeing this through to success.

I hope you realize it cost me over 2BTC to beta test with those miners. Let's be 100% sure that we can actually mine something before we get all the miners on there.

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 09:43:36 pm »
I just posted in "Features Requested" on the pool but I can't see that topic... Is it hidden?

Offline robotrebellion

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2013, 11:45:34 pm »
I hope you realize it cost me over 2BTC to beta test with those miners. Let's be 100% sure that we can actually mine something before we get all the miners on there.

It is unfortunate that you incurred losses. I hope that having paid out of pocket for one block's worth of PPC (+bonuses) we have made at least some restitution. I agree, let us work out the kinks before you migrate all your workers to the pool. I am expecting that the next block we discover will go smoothly and restore confidence.

I just posted in "Features Requested" on the pool but I can't see that topic... Is it hidden?

I see the topic and have responded. Great ideas! I love stats too. :D

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2013, 01:16:28 am »
I lost my confidence in basic functions of the pool. But I tell you what, I think we need to apply ourselves to the innovation here: My 80GHs miner makes .8BTC/day and I don't think you have enough hashing power to test the pool so to split the risk for .4BTC I will retest the pool for 24hrs (I risk .4 & you lease the miner for 24hrs). If all goes well you move out of beta and announce the pool. We need to do it fairly quickly because BTC difficulty jump will cause the ppcoin hash rate to sky rocket again.

Offline viscera

• Positive outlooking
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2013, 10:38:47 am »
password recovery tool please  8)

Offline FuzzyBear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2013, 01:31:45 pm »
I lost my confidence in basic functions of the pool. But I tell you what, I think we need to apply ourselves to the innovation here: My 80GHs miner makes .8BTC/day and I don't think you have enough hashing power to test the pool so to split the risk for .4BTC I will retest the pool for 24hrs (I risk .4 & you lease the miner for 24hrs). If all goes well you move out of beta and announce the pool. We need to do it fairly quickly because BTC difficulty jump will cause the ppcoin hash rate to sky rocket again.

seems fair for someone with the large hashing power.. split the risk etc, and would allow u to verify the pool fully working with that amount of hashrate on it.
BTC: 1FvMYwtkrQakoL8Zq1GjfKqTkm2a7TKt6N  |  LTC: LbMPUzwPRkWa5hCJGrEiRCeoYExY6Ujt1D  |  DEV: 1JfbPx4nSGFxfzhTK1h3gHbp1E1BkFbwFW
PPC: PDtcFPhMa9Hc9zTfoRG7zcURCRpcpRdMym  |  TRC: 1FzdruHpffAeW2ZBctDLwR8P4APVpATu2j  |  FRC: 1BADxscUvT42SFXZwXgxEfWVDHkV1QPTEj
NMC: N7q9zg9h4Scfx6R25RTL8LdGxCBQbgq8wz  |

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2013, 02:36:56 pm »
The avalon is back on there. We should find around 2 blocks in 24hrs. BTC has around 611 blocks before it all goes crazy again.

Offline robotrebellion

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2013, 06:00:47 pm »
Good news everyone!
We have just found a block and everything has gone smoothly as expected!

Here it is on block explorer. :D

Congrats to sahkan for finding it!