Author Topic: [Primecoin] How to build the client from source on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04)  (Read 835 times)

Offline tinnvec

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Has anyone managed to build a binary for Linux out of the latest 0.1.1 version o mikaelh's update? I'm working on one including dynamic libraries, but no success so far  :-\

I am currently running it now, I didn't need to install anything extra beyond what is needed for the default client, what are the errors you're seeing?

(oh and sorry for the double post, just trying to be helpful)

Offline DR3AMR2

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Has anyone managed to build a binary for Linux out of the latest 0.1.1 version o mikaelh's update? I'm working on one including dynamic libraries, but no success so far  :-\

I needed to add this dependency in order for me to make it work for linux and the mikaelh's source code.

Code: [Select]
apt-get install libgmp-dev

Offline MUTO

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Same here, but I used libgmp3-dev. Had no problems with combiling the Linux version then. It´s running very well with nearly 5000PPS on my Dual Quadcore 2,4Ghz Xeon machines. Even my Core2duo on one core get´s about 700 PPS (windows precombiled version). About 2000PPS on my i5 Notebook and 3500PPS on my 3Ghz Xeon Quadcore Workstation.

It´s realy exciting how much improvement this version gives. Just wondering, if this is just PPS or also Blockfindingrate. Already found a few Blocks, so it basically seems to work.

Please note, that he github repository is currently down. But building the newest relase out of the following sources also worked fine:
Quote from: mikaelh @ Bitcointalk
http://sourceforge.net/projects/primecoin-hp/files/0.1.1-hp4/primecoin-0.1.1-hp4.tar.bz2/download
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 09:19:05 am by MUTO »

Offline tjb0607

• View Profile
building one now under  make -O3 -march=native -f makefile.unix .... <--- ok that doesn't work...

You need to do it by setting CXXFLAGS, because -O3 and -march are g++ flags, not make flags.

Code: [Select]
make CXXFLAGS="-O3 -march=native" -f makefile.unix primecoind
XPM: AUohr3skoRY5f1Rp6Pab1q8xDJzTJPE2Jh // BTC: 1octixjpZZUhh2jmyoaQsSedDiw7wFkhg

Offline maco

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
Thanks for the guide. Can you write up something for EC2 or do you already have one? I am not sure if it follows the same principles?